1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marina

Discussion in 'Movies' started by rosy786, Feb 1, 2012.

1. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

much awaited film from pasanga director and comedy king sivakarthikeyon going to rock in two more days..

lets discuss about the movie here

2. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Yeah.. im just waiting for a review.. Coz siva is the lead hero, i expect a lot of comedy and punches in the movie...

3. nnarmadha

nnarmadha Platinum IL'ite

Marina Movie based on Romance and Drama oriented full packaged film. Directed by Pandiraj lot of effects put this film so surely hit the screen. This film stars GOviya Helen, Siva Karthikeyan, Jayaprakash. We know that Siva Karthikeyan performance at all he is a one of the comedy king in television channel. Film Released February 2012.
    Music composed by Krish all the songs are good and nice.​

4. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I've heard a lot about Sivakarthikeyan but never seen him til recently. The first time I saw him was when he was anchoring Danush's 3 Audio launch. He totally cracked the stage up with his witty one-liners :thumbsup

Recently I was browsing through the net and came across his videos- mainly his anchoring works on Jodi no. 1 and Airtel super singers. I'm glad I came across the videos! This guy is totally funny!:rotfl Much like Santhanam but more spontaneous. If the hero role in Marina is somewhat like the funny Meenakshi sundram of Pasanga, then Siva would surely fit the bill. I don't think the normal mass hero would suit him that much. But comedy definitely will!:thumbsup

3 people like this.
  5. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Marina - Review

Marina beach is a collage of human life. It is a place of fun, joy and festivity. It withstood the test of time and has seen many changes. For every Chennaiite, Marina is a place to reckon with.

On the other side, we have seen many children selling sundal, horsemen waiting for customers and women astrologers searching for clients there at Marina. Have we ever wondered what their daily life would be like? The answer lies in 'Marina', directed by Pandiraj.

The movie is one helluva trip to the shores of Marina. Though there are darker shades of life on the sands, Pandiraj has taken feel-good moments and weaved them into a movie. After his National Award winning 'Pasanga', Pandiraj has laid his hands on a similar genre.

A group of children, a handful of serious characters and some comedy in the form of Siva Karthikeyan and Oviya, 'Marina' begins well and ends well.

There are many underlining messages in the movie - keep the shores clean, treat elders with courtesy and above all provide proper formal education to child labourers for a better tomorrow. Pandian who played Pakada in 'Pasanga' takes the lead role. Ambikapathy (Pandian) is the pivot around whom the whole movie revolves. An orphan, he comes to Chennai to eke out his livelihood. The very sight of Chennai initially scares him. But he musters courage to face all challenges.

Marina beach beckons him. Ambikapathy decides to sell water packets. His friendly manners win him the admiration and love of young child labourers on the shores of Marina. An old man (Sundararajan) and postman (Jithan Mohan) turn friends for these children.

There is a singer (Aatkaati Arumugham) and his young daughter Annamma (Jayashree) who live in the shores. The beach also witness every evening a lover couple Senthilnathan (Sivakarthikeyan) and Sopana Sundari (Oviya) coming there and spending time.

All twists and turns lead to a riveting climax where the need to provide formal education to children and the need to do away with child labour is brought out well.

Pandian has continued from where he left in 'Pasanga'. The young boy has played his part well. He gels with his character and lives the role of Ambikapathy. His body language and dialogue delivery are a treat to watch. Be it the emotional sequences or fun-filled moments, Pandian brings out right expressions.

The host of young boys in the beach along with Pandian is tailor-made for the roles. The surprise element is Sundararajan. The old man plays a dignified role and succeeds in providing heartwarming moments on screen. Anchor-turned-actor Siva Karthikeyan and Oviya form a vital part of the movie though they appear in very few scenes.

Jithan Mohan as a postman provides the right twist to the script. As mentor to the children selling sundal on the shores, he performs with aplomb.

Watch out for debutant cinematographer Vijay. Capturing the whole movie in Marina beach is no easy task. But Vijay has taken it in his stride to show the beach in a fresh new hue. The busy life, especially the aerial shots of crowded beach et al has been captured well in his camera. Giving him good company is debutant music composer Girish. The young gun has come up with a splendid background score that compliments the storyline.

Pandiraj's vision and message is loud and clear. The movie seems to have achieved the goal. A movie like 'Marina' that is unconventional from the word go deserves appreciation.

Though at places it sounds more a docu-drama, 'Marina' makes a pleasant watch. In a nutshell, 'Marina' is perhaps India's answer to Oscar-winner 'Slumdog Millionaire.

3 people like this.
  6. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

I watched the movie..

It is must to watch..

Full of jokes and emotions...sure your eyes will get wet....

7. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Worst movie i would say....and its a just time pass movie only not much comedy....:rant

Shivkarthekeyan is added instead of Vadivelu,Vivek,Santhanam.....:rotfl:rotfl

no link for characters.everyone have 1 story..
    That SI gives so much build-up to catch a particular guy at last its nothing between them just his SI's son want to hit him,he itself developing a criminal inside his house....:rant

I was thinking how a producer came forward to make a utter flop movie like this hearing the story :drowning

2 people like this.
  8. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

latha,
    atleast u r there for my taste.. my god i can't watch the movie at least once...utter flop...
    no comdey everything mokkai jokes only, even "lollu sabha" gives better comedy than this movie...
    i like shiva karthikeyan so much, but in this movie he spoiled his name...

unnecessary characters, useless sympathy scenes .....

mokkai mokkai mokkai

9. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Nothing to appreciate much in the movie MARINA when we saw the marketing and build ups in satellite channels, especially in Vijay TV. I wonder Siva karthikeyan made a wrong choice in the debut film.It is like a documentary.
    It worths a short film not for a future film.Please don`t watch it ! Inspite of my DH`s insisting not to watch the documentary, I have gone for it and regretted.

10. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I agree with Latha, Subha and Vidhya. The movie is a total waste of your money, time and energy. I was conned into watching this mainly due to Pandiraj and Siva Karthikeyan.

I liked the way Pandiraj brought out a simple story in Pasanga and made it into an enjoyable entertainer. But Marina truly disappointed me BIG time."Direction-il soddappuvathu yeppadi?" (How to fail in direction?) Just ask Pandiraj:rant

@ Siva Karthikeyan- nee kaadu kuduthu script-a ketka maatiya?? (Don't you listen to a script properly before signing it?) Didn't you realize that there's no proper story told in any part of the 2 1/2 hours film? If this is the rate you're going in signing up films, then i suggest you stick to anchoring shows anytime.

1 person likes this.