Activate Dormant Account - ICICI

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by deepasriganesh, Mar 30, 2009.

1. deepasriganesh

deepasriganesh Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I have an ICICI savings account in Pune, India Branch. I wanted to activate my account which has become Dormant,I also wanted to send a change of address request and internet banking request. I made a number of calls to ICICI customer service. Everytime the call was answered by different attenders, and I was given different answers.
    What i did was, i downloaded relevant forms from their website and sent the letters to the branch in Pune, through post, 3 weeks back.
    i didn't receive any response from them till now. I called the customer service today, as usual some other guy picked up and said, we have to go to the branch in person to do all these. i'm really confused. What is the acutal process?

-Deepa.

2. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Deepa,

To activate a dormant account in ICICI, you need to go in person to the branch where your account is and submit a letter to the branch manager requesting to do the same. Calling the customer care or sending letters to the bank will not help.

I too tried reactivating my account by calling customer care but it seems, to reactivate a dormant account we have to go in person, else ICICI cannot activate it. I decided to open a new account instead of going thru all that. I sent a mail to the branch manager to close the previous account, which they promptly did.

-Lakshmi

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  3. deepasriganesh

hi lakshmi,

thanks for your valid information. I've some balance in my account. how to withdraw that money. If i close that account, will they give me the remaining balance?

-Deepa.

4. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Deepa,

Mine was a zero balance account and i didnt have any amount in that. So didnt enquire the details while closing the account.

Sorry, couldnt be of much help for this query.

-Lakshmi

5. deepasriganesh

hi lakshmi,

thats ok no problem..

-deepa.