Need company to start stock trading

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by tenkanidiyoor, Apr 2, 2015.

1. tenkanidiyoor

tenkanidiyoor Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am pretty new to the stock market. I am trying to get some pocket money out of it.
    Have done some home work on few stock and ready with some investment.

I am looking for a company so as to make my activities more interesting. We could discuss and put our analysis into action and together make some money (or may be some loss initially :))

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@tenkanidiyoor do list the scrips that you have identified, and the reasons and we can discuss.

market is very volatile for short term investors. i am not one...

3. tenkanidiyoor

tenkanidiyoor Silver IL'ite

Sure Shanvy,

My list below

1. Apollo tyres
    2. Asian paints
    3. Jubilant foods
    4. Motherson sumi

1 person likes this.
  4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

I am normally a long term investor with a little trading when markets are on the
    uptrend. The markets, as shanvy says, is very volatile at the moment. So have not been buying any stocks.
    For the present, i think Exide batteries, Century plywoods could move upwards based
    on recommendations of my three in one trading accout research.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Motherson sumi looks good in the automobile accessories group the other one in the peer group is indian nippan. of the two i like motherson..

asian paints has been in my watchlist for sometime. i was waiting on the sideline and it zoomed.. i actually contemplated and still contemplate on this one. with the real estate markets looking to pick up a little, there is a better chance. a long term one...

jubilant foods is on my watchlist pre budget. and post budget i still think that this counter may benefit provided it gets the contract for fresh food supply..but i doubt .

apollo tyres the market seems to be bullish. and there has been a block deal yesterday. i like balakrishna more than appolo in this segment.

And i have no presence in any of the above discussed shares. i just have watchlists to look at how they fare.and my dd is into number crunching so we have fun crosschecking a lay persons study of a balance sheet (me) and her interpretations..and then the judge ofcourse is a mutual friend..

2 people like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

few things that we need to understand -

decide even before you enter a counter, how you want to play. you are going to quit at 20% profit..or 10% profit and be very strict on your goals. this is where many burn our fingers.

never be greedy. never time the market you can never.

and do your study and do not blindly follow recommendations. remember a recommendation by a stock house, a person always has a motive.

if you are a long term investor, check the company performance, dividend patterns, and then invest. just the moving averages are not the keys anymore.

5 people like this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

My preference as of today diversified portfolio. i would want exposure into all the segments.

banking, fmcg, cement, infrastructure.

banking - lic housing is one counter i am bullish..
    FMCG - my favorite is ITC all times. if you had bought 100 shares of itc in the initial offer. today you would be a lakhpati.. the number of splits and bonuses. i know of people who married off their kids with just selling a few counters..and then DABUR
    automobile - maruti and mothersonsumi,L&T..and mrf(dream)
    infra and construction - L&T, il&Fs engineering.
    voltas from the tata family..i like tata steel too.

1 person likes this.
  8. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Oh @shanvy, you are a whiz in stocks too? I have been going all around seeking gurus, most of which turned to be a futile exercise. So I am going to ask you now :)

How does a novice start selecting the scrips? What do you look for? What factors do you look for in the Balance sheet? Also how do you do technical analysis? Is there a good guidebook available somewhere?

@joylokhi madam, please offer your inputs on the above questions. Thanks.

OP, L & T infra and Asian paints - I see a good market for them due to real estate boom, for the same reason Cera sanitaryware.

1 person likes this.
  9. rajmumbai

rajmumbai New IL'ite

@butterflyice: I am an investor in stock market for 5 years and can offer some advice.

First, think about why you want to put money in stocks? Is it because market is up and in news these days? Is it because few/many suggested you to? Is it because you want some activity and fun? Or you have some specific goals in mind that can be achieved through stocks?

If your answer is no goals then it makes sense to only put very small amount to get feel of the game. But serious wealth can be created in stocks through long term investing, patience and correct method.

There are two basic ways here. Investing and Trading. Trading involves every day or periodic activity and needs lot of time and attention. Traders mostly play by Technical Analysis. Investing on the other hand needs less activity but more study, analysis and temperament. Both ways are suitable to people. I am a long term investor and can give further info if you want on investing.

1 person likes this.
  10. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

Can you put your thoughts on options and how to invest in them? also from where we get to know which shares we should target ti yield more profit is there any site?