professionals average pay in U.S

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by sheesta, Sep 22, 2014.

1. sheesta

sheesta Bronze IL'ite

One of my friend is dentist in India and her dh is vet. They were planning to go to U.S,(she knows they have to give exams there)
    She wanted to enquire starting average salary of dentist and vet in city like texas.
    i told her abt this forum, so she requested me to post her query here.
    please if anyone has any idea?

2. hope2b

hope2b Silver IL'ite

You can check for prevailing wages in immigration forums or just type that in Google. Select the profession and you will get the answer

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Look at the forums in Student Doctor Network for dentist salaries. On average, the salary will be $150-200k yearly if you are working for someone. Owning a practice will give more money but requires a large investment. Oral/maxillofacial surgeons will make more money as well.
    Veterinarian salary will again vary depending on the speciality. Those who work with small animals will make anywhere from $75k. Vets working in speciality hospitals will make more. They can also work in pharmaceutical companies overseeing animal research programs.
    Veterinary programs in the US are very, very competitive even more than medical school. I don't know how easy it is to get into a residency here, for foreigners.

1 person likes this.
  4. sheesta

sheesta Bronze IL'ite

Just saw the replies today.
    Thanks for the replies.