How to plan for the future????????

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Indhradhanu, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Indhradhanu

Indhradhanu Silver IL'ite

[FONT=&amp]Dear Friends,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]I am a 30year old woman from a middle class family . Presently I am in UAE in my husband’s visa. I am looking for a job since Jan 2014 , but no luck yet. My parents and in laws are insisting me to come down to India and to try for a State Govt job (Age limit is 36 years there), so that my job will be secure and I will be getting pension and we don’t have to depend on anyone during our old age. Personally I love to spend my life with my husband and I can’t live alone in India leaving him here. He is having a good career here. He loves his job profile and having lot of ambitions. But people are confusing me putting up a situation of recession and etc etc. At least one should have a permanent job so that you can lead your life comfortably and tension free…I don’t understand what life is there being in two different countries and making money for old age and missing the great moments of present life. We don’t have much financial security as we are in the beginning stage of our career. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]I am asking so many what if questions to myself and almost in a stage of depression now.. . Friends can you suggest something to get me out of this. I have these questions to ask you…[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]How can a private sector employee get pension on monthly basis? Is there any such (risk free) individual savings schemes available in India?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]2. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Suggest a good certified financial planner available in Chennai….[/FONT]

2. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

Dear Indhra,

Do what you want to do. Stay with your husband,becoz it is your life!!,

meanwhile, keep applying for jobs here.You will find a job for sure.

regards
    resmij

2 people like this.
  3. Indhradhanu

Thank you resmij for those kind words.....

1 person likes this.
  4. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Hi, this is your life and only you will decide what to do with this! If you listen to others
    people will give suggestions. It is your choice to listen or not. Keep looking for a job
    don't be discouraged . It is more important to stay as a family . Money will come and go.
    So decide yourself. Browse through net if there is anything available .

1 person likes this.
  5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Indhradhanu,

Don't listen to others, if you feel your husband has an ambitious job and a great career and he has the confidence that he can manage a family on his own, just be with him.

Getting a government job will be either pulling him back to India to be with family or live a life in two different countries, better to be together as almighty decides what is best for us.

I started my career in a Nationalised Bank, for some reasons when I had to quit, everyone told me I am crazy, what not, but still I did, I much better off compared to what I would have been if I would continued.

Believe in God and he will guide you the rest, Talk to your Dh and support him in some odd jobs at your place itself. Who knows if you would definitely get a Government Job, competition is tougher, May Baba guide you always, SAIRAM

1 person likes this.
  6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

My suggestion is this:

You are currently 30 so you have six years before the cutoff on the government jobs. Why don't you make a bargain with yourself to not think about this for three years (thus giving yourself three years without that stress and still having three years to get a government position). In the mean time try your hardest where you are. Do that financial planning. Enjoy with clear mind for three years. At the end of the three years do a reappraisal of your situation and go from there. Do not feel obligated to go to a government position but keep it as an option.

3 people like this.
  7. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Open a retirement account n start saving money! An year back i was thinking the same, that shud i go back and resume working in india, why taje the harder road to prepare for gre toefl get admission n study, all cz i wanted ti stay with dh! But the gust is whatever i earn in india, i will make more than that in US, n eventually i want to live with dh! Thus i decided even though its tough ill take up education than living apart from dh! I think u shudnt leave , u shud try harder to create an additional source of income!! If need be take up a course, invest inurself, so that that additonal source of income can be created!

1 person likes this.
  8. Indhradhanu

Thank you everyone for your valuable suggestions...i am doing some courses to increase my chances of getting a job here.....in the mean while applying for govt jobs in my native too...Hoping for a positive growth in my career life soon..:thankyou2:

2 people like this.