About Mutual Fund SIP

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by vidhya2810, Aug 26, 2014.

1. vidhya2810

vidhya2810 Silver IL'ite

Last month I invested in sip for first time, I would like to know that we should pay monthly for 12 installments or we can pay whenever we like?

2. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vidya

In mutual fund SIP which plan you have chosen ? SIP needs you to invest monthly for 12 months.

3. aparnaram

aparnaram Gold IL'ite

Hello.... I dont have enough knowledge on SIP.... can uyou please explain in detail about its investments & returns...

i like to invest in SBI mutual fund SIP... i owld like to invest around 5k to 10k per month....
    can i change my payment every month or fixed amount should be paid mntly??? pl explain about its risk & favour

4. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

In SIP, a fixed amount of money is debited by the investors in bank accounts periodically which is ECS system. The investor is allocated a number of units according to the current Net Asset Value (NAV) every time a sum is invested, more units are added to the investors account.

It is best to invest when market is low. You can invest for your short, mid & long time goals like going on vacation, buying a car, children's education & wedding etc. A long term investment will yield better returns.

Hope the above information is useful to you.

Happy Investing.

5. aparnaram

aparnaram Gold IL'ite

thanks a lot leena mam... very happy.... can i go for some more details... im a new comer for mutual fund... im a SBI a/c holder so i wish to start my investments in sbi only..

i like to know which one will yield better income in long term deposit... pl guide me.. im very eager in investing..

6. aparnaram

aparnaram Gold IL'ite

does SBI MF blue chip diest plan(G) SIP is good to invest...

7. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Aparna,

Happy to see that you are taking interest in MF investments. I will suggest you to check different funds available in markets based on their performance rather than sbi MF. please read Economic Times daily for more information.

You can choose the fund & its monthly ECS will be debited from your SBI account once KYC is done.

Hope this will serve your purpose. If you need further help please feel free to ask.
    Happy Investing.

8. aparnaram

aparnaram Gold IL'ite

thanks a lot for your help leena madam... i've choosen 3years of SIP in SBI blue chip fund direct plan-G for 5K... and im planning to hold it for longer for my dd's education.. will this yield me a good return???? due to sudden attack (but a very very bold decision) by mr.PM modi, im afraid of the my investment... will this get affected in future too...