Budget for children's toys?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by ranjanipinnelli, Jul 21, 2014.

1. ranjanipinnelli

ranjanipinnelli New IL'ite

When you are running a household on budget, how much and how often do you set aside money for the children's toys?

2. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Ranjani,

where are you located? My budget is $100 per month for all my kid's expenses (including diapers, formula, clothes, and toys). My baby is only 5 months old. So, he doesn't need many toys (I have received a lot of toys as gifts). The budget might go up if he needs more toys. For now, i'm sticking to $100 per month.

1 person likes this.
  3. Kita

Kita Senior IL'ite

Depends how much you want to spend on kids toys.... I don't like to spend much on toys as we can purchase some creative and useful things for kids ....

4. ammmullu

ammmullu Gold IL'ite

s u said truth give some ideas to creative

5. ammmullu

ammmullu Gold IL'ite

s uma if u will go back to india those are waste u throw here thats y u spend litle money . we bought some dolls but my baby always playing with bowls, spoons ,plates.all are same they will play 2 or 3 days fterthat they have bore

6. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

It depends on you and your budget. Toys are definitely a waste of money but at the same time toys are a necessity for the baby to grow. In old age ppl were staying in joint families so there was no need for toys. In our modern style of living we are living alone. We even do not send our kids to neighbors house for safety reason. Yes, children get bored of toys very soon. If you don't set a budget for toys you will be buying more and more. So whatever your budget allows you to buy spend that much only.