investment ideas

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by amnilakshmi, Apr 21, 2014.

1. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    My sis has returned from US and wants to invest 15Lakhs. Can some one give suggestions and ideas please.. She doesnt want to invest in shares

1 person likes this.

2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Land investment is best

I am too Planning to invest on land I heard in this budget we can get land at Vandaloor - Kelambakkam road. if you can visit let me know when group of people buy it will be safe for NRI's

3. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

Split the investments, make it two or three. Don't invest in one place. Buy land for 5 lacks (from reliable known party, make sure appreciation value), rest plan some investment in long term government deposits like NSC, PPF. Next is gold.

4. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

FD is a good investment considering they give 8% return min.

I don't know about the land investment.

Gold is not an investment in my opinion. You can also try mutual funds, RDs etc.

5. nalinidiv

nalinidiv Platinum IL'ite

der are corporate FDs which give u an interest of 10% n above based on the time period.. to directly invest u need to have a demat account or u can go thro agents.. MFs are gus alternatives.. u can choose funda based on the return and risk factor.

Please donot buy ULIP. If you are yet to get an life insurance.. get a term insurance online.. splitting the investment is a gud idea rather than investing in one single product...

6. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

she wants to invest the money such that she gets a regular income on a monthly basis. Is there any other way ? I am clueless... Please suggest

1 person likes this.
  7. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

In that case you better go for Fixed Deposit in Nationalized Banks, ask your friend to go for long term deposit, you can take an option of monthly interest paid or yearly interest paid. The periodic interest payment they will credit to your savings account. The principal amount will be safe always.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  8. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

FD --> 5 laks
    PPF -> 1 laks (i think its max amount per year).
    NPS account -> 2-3 laks.

RD++ -> Regular investments over an year

Gold/silver coins-> 20%.

Buy Infrastructure /Power bonds from Govt , which will fetch 9%/year. Lock in period is 3 yrs.

for regular intervals , Invest 50% in FD for 90 days..Take out the returns and reinvest every 3 months......Rotate it.

2 people like this.
  9. Kavithadevi

Kavithadevi New IL'ite

Flexi RD

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

amnilakshmi,

you sister has to check for tax implication if she is returning back to india permanently.you can google for the same. in that case a part in rbi bonds will help in tax.

coming to investment, i would suggest she has to take into account what is her goal other than regular income. is she married, if not,is she planning to marry in the immediate future then her planning should take into consideration expenses for marriage.

never put the all eggs in a single basket. do distribute your investment in property, rds, fds and flexi rds if your risk taking capacity is conservative..

all the best.

1 person likes this.