Financial planning for women.

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Mahajanpragati, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    I read an article about financial planning woman in Economic Times & found lots of good suggestions.
    I am home maker but am involved with all financial decision of the family. After having burnt my fingers twice in equity market, I was getting too much conservative in our saving options .
    though I did realise that our savings are not growing at the rate at which inflation I,s I am not still taking any risk but after reading this article I am planning to re enter the equity market.

secondly,I did like the point that woman live longer then their spouse & need to have her own saving /retirement plans . I do have my own saving account and my hubby encourages me to regularly put money in it . I don't have any retirement plans( as non working woman one tends to think retirement word is associated with working ) it simply means that we need to have some sort of planning for ourself when the regular income to the family stops.

now. plan to invest more into some retirement fund as individual.

here is the article Six smart money moves for women to secure financial future - The Economic Times
    pls,read the article & share your views about it.

4 people like this.

2. lalithabrahma

lalithabrahma Bronze IL'ite

Very informative article. Thanks for sharing the article.
    In this article, I found the portion "Value yourself adequately in the job arena" very useful.
    I am a firm believer in saving, investing and being a life long student of finance, regardless of whether you are a working woman or home maker.

Thanks

3. sunita1211

sunita1211 Silver IL'ite

Yes thank you very much For sharing the post