How to save money

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by pinki13, Aug 14, 2013.

1. pinki13

pinki13 Gold IL'ite

How to save money from our daily basis, tips needed i recantly got a job last 3 month i havent able to save a penny, suggestion needed

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

3. pinki13

pinki13 Gold IL'ite

4. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Imagine I am either an alcoholic or smoker or both.

At any cost I would satisfy my needs whether my family eats or not.

Such a mindset has to set in for the savings aspect too. What ever you might earn put aside a minimum sum regularly as savings - pay yourself first for all the hard work you did to earn that money, that would be handy for the future.

3 people like this.
  5. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

Spend some time making a budget and sticking to it. See where your money is going & think about ways you can cut those expenses.

1 person likes this.
  6. pinki13

pinki13 Gold IL'ite

This is what i did this month, bought one piggi bank, start making grocery list to stop stocking n useless shopping, start carrying water bottel with few snacks pkt to stop my unless eating outside. let see:cheers

1 person likes this.
  7. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Pinki,

Create a budget for your monthly expenses and stick to the budget. Have a budget for each category (like eating out, entertainment, shopping, grocery etc). Don't create a tight budget as you'll be exhausted in few months and go back to spendthrift lifestyle. Have some breath room in your budget.

Set a saving/investment goal (like saving $20k in 10 months or saving $2k per month and invest in fixed deposit).

Before buying anything, make sure you think twice whether that product/service is really necessary. But don't forget to splurge on your favorite things.

1 person likes this.
  8. pinki13

pinki13 Gold IL'ite

Thanks..:) iam trying my best to find out where exactly i can adjust money.

9. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Spend only after you have saved and not viceversa.Since inflation is now daily basis-First put up list of Essential items/bills to be paid at the month start in a cover-NEVER TOUCHTHAT COVER FOR ANYTHING ELSE.
    Then make a list of essential/non essential items .PREPARE aSPENDING EXCEL CHART & you will be surprised how much you can cut down when you start to write daily spending.
    buy veggies in bulk(for a week) and buy from authorized govt shops,check price of everything LITERALLY before buying-since the infaltion is high,traders are putting new labels without any advt from govt-WHen in petrol bung, donot get distracted ,fill & then only pay.Bargain hard on shopping,its your money you have the right.Eliminate non essential-cinema,eating out,shopping for dress,sales etc..If you have the same weight have 3-4 dresses stithced at once for coming festival-so you dont have to run around shops last minute.
    Also if possible put away 10 % of your salary for saving into PPF/FD now th FD rates are highest,
    Lastly begin your day with Evryday in every way i am getting bettr & better.This works all the time!!!!A
    f your bank has automatic sweeping ask them, that will earn interest plus a regular amount in a long way will help you save money.FD nd still if you have doubts donot hesitate to visit a good financial planner-should be must in your case-He will predict the exact leaks in your
    finances & help you plan.I did that too .
    Radha

3 people like this.
  10. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

I would like to add there are many sites which give personal financing on less rates , if u want u can give that try too

1 person likes this.