About ELECTRICITY BILL

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by latamurali, Mar 6, 2013.

1. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Friends

I live in Pune...Like all others i too have all Electric Appliances.....3 yrs back when we came here , even before start using all appliances , i got bill very high, once time we paid around 4500rs.....we compalined to our owner as well as EB office...but they say everythig is ok......WE DONT HAVE AIR CONDITIONER...after taht we used to get 1400 almost every month...but my friends and neighbours in same compund.using A/C, Water heaters thoughout the day, using Electirc Rice cookers daily......say they are getting 700/800 max 1200 -1500 if they put A/C in summer

A/C - NO

Water Heater - NO - since we have SOLAR

ELECTRIC RICE COOKER - NO

MW - just for reheating - max - 10mts for whole day

Mixie - once in tow days i use.just for grinding chutney little

Grinder _ once in a week

Washing machine - daily ( LG - automatic -Top Load - 7.5kg)

SAMSUNG DOUBLE DOOR -SIDE BY SIDE - 600 ltrs FRIDGE - bough 6 months back......but they say it redcues EB consumtpion.i mean ther wont be increase i b ill due to this.... .and it is true

TV - ordinary tv

computer - will use max of 1-2 hours per day

LAP TOP - also max of 3 hours per day

This month for Feb. we got 2800rs......thatoo for just 27days...:bonk:rant:spin

We have checked out meters.....shutting off main....everything is OK......checked whether anyother meters is connected to ours.....but NO......but now they are saying......may be EARTHING PROBLEM.is earthings is not perfect.....it will take current etc....

This weekend they said they will check for proper earthing and do the needful

Friends, please guide me......have you undergone like this?? What may be the other causes??? what can i do???

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Helloooooooooo..........somebody please reply nah........i always say to my friends.if we go to IL we will definitely get solution for everything and anything.........

3. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

make a note of meter readings everytime you use any electrical equipment, in a few days time you can find out which machine is using what amount of electricity. Also keep a track of meter readings for next whole month so you can make sure no other meter's are added to your bill and once you know your machines intake capacity limit their use accordingly. hope this helps.:)

4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Thank you, friend, for replying and suggesting ..wiill do

1 person likes this.
  5. jayanthisuresh

jayanthisuresh Gold IL'ite

samsung double door will consume more power.. and that too 600l it will consume more only..
    since we too had double door fridge .. we sold it the only reason is it consumes minimum of 2.75 units a day..

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I think its the fridge but that shouldn't raise the bill so high. I am speaking loud here, but could it be that the meter is being tapped?

7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

No not the fridge, since we have that from aug 2012, the bill was max.1800 only wen my whole family came for diwali and i was using everything to the maximum round the clock......this month on,y suddenly it went so high....

8. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Latamurali Sister,

Sorry to hear about the EB bill, It is the fault of the meter, if you neighbour using more appilances is getting lesser amount that you.

We have faced something similar but in a different city, during peak summer, continous AC usage, the bill was Rs1400/- highest we have ever paid, the following OCT the bill was for Rs2800/- (double) with No AC, the others remaining the same.

In Dec when we had locked the house while we were out of station for 20 days again the bill was 1800 for just 10 days with NO AC.

After checking every possible way, beacuse EB didnt accept what we said, but went through the process, and found that it was the METER's fault (Jump) But it is yet to be changed as they dont have New Meters now, but after subsequest requests, now we have made arrangements to pay average of last year amount till it is rectified and that is what we have been doing from Oct to Feb.

This is my personal experience. Hope yours gets sorted out soon, Best wishes...

9. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Saisakthi sister

BABA is my saviour too.........

I told know, EB wala came last week he switched off eveything and went and checked the meter and it didnt run.......so they told , no problem with the meter......and its not running fast also........so ...finally we decide to chek with the EARTH.......yet to do that........

Thank you for your kind wishes

10. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Friends.....this month my bill is 1500/- ....dont know what has happened for this month.........have registered complaint in EB office.hope they will attend very soon