Parents in India no health Insurance Advice

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by ramyamadhuri, Nov 29, 2012.

1. ramyamadhuri

ramyamadhuri New IL'ite

Hi

I am in US from the last 1 year.
    My parents dad(57) and mom(50) dont have any health insurance in india.
    Recently my dad is diagnosed with diabetes.
    I am very tensed as i wanted to get complete health checkups done for them in Hyderabad.
    Please advice me about health insuarance and which company to take for them now.
    I want to buy online for them.

Thanks alot,
    RamyaMadhuri

2. Bullu

Bullu Senior IL'ite

3. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

Hey U can browse on net for Health insurance.. Personally I have opted with ICICI lombard .. U can do ur research as well.. Health insurance gave safety and security to ur mind.. as for any unforeseen condition.. Look which provide maximum coverage..

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I find the family optima from star health better option. op can buy it online as proposer bringing her parents under the umbrella.. the premium will be better adn since it is a umbrella cover it is beneficial. but all insurance have a no claim period.

you can also check out the new health policy from lic, which i heard does not have a waiting period..do not have the details.

5. Prp

Prp New IL'ite

Hi,

Both my parents are diabetic(controlled by medicine and diet only) and are in early 50s and 60s. What could be the best health insurance plan in India as most of them don't cover diabetic as a pre existing condition and that too if they weren't insured earlier.I want a plan which will cover some lab work,consultation,cashless hospitalization,good network of doctors,hospitals etc.Pls suggest some good plans.