I want to remove my LIC agent but want to continue the policy

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by AnanyaAjay, Aug 22, 2012.

1. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

Hi friends

I have a LIC policy which I took from an agent. I want to continue my policy but I want to discontinue with the agent. As we don't have good relation now, I don't want him to get any benefit from the money we pay.

Please advice me how to go about it I googled it but didn't get any solution..

Thanks

2. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

The agent will continue to get the benefits everytime you pay because his name will be logged in the system as your agent.

But if you use another agent to pay your premiums, the agent who pays the premium will get most benefit.

3. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

I dont think thats possible. Even i faced a problem with my LIC agent and he was trying to be oversmart. I contacted the LIC branch and they branch manager said its not possible. Ultimately i had to discontinue to policy.

4. popye

popye New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have written the exam from IRDA and became an advisor for Reliance, but havn't taken any polices from reliance till now as later I felt that LIC would be better than reliance. The Reliance agent who made me join did not provide me License yet. Now I want to change myself to become a LIC agent from Reliance.

Pls let me know the procedure to change from Reliance to LIC.

Thanks,
    Popye.

5. Soumys

Soumys Bronze IL'ite

@ Ananya,

I believe it is not possible. That paricular agent will keep getting the benefits as long as you make the premium payments. I had the same issue with ICICI Prudential, and when I checked with the Customer Care, they told that it is not possible to stop those benefits to the agent.

Cheers,
    Soumya

6. ManavLIC

ManavLIC New IL'ite

H! i think it's not possible, you can not remove your agent but yes you can take action thro IRDA- Insurance regulatory and development authority..!
    and don't disconnect your policy because this is your saving..so this is your lose

Manav LIC of India Delhi

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  7. ManavLIC

ManavLIC New IL'ite

and don't disconnect your policy because this is your saving..so this is your lose
    Manav LIC of India Delhi

8. rashmikumari140

rashmikumari140 New IL'ite

Call me for best offers on LIC Policy/best at home & after sales service/cash back offers. Rashmi - 8102810104, 09469265619.

9. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

it is possible to change agent id of your Policy. u just need to mail or meet the branch manager and he will allot your policy under different agent. :thumbsup

10. sunita1211

sunita1211 Silver IL'ite

I think you must contact the company directly and i AM SURE THEY WILL HAVE NO ISSUE IN CHANGING THE AGENT FOR YOU...