What does Value for Money mean to you??

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by SriVidya75, Oct 22, 2011.

1. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

All of us talk about value for money....what does it actually mean as per you?

Does it mean,

getting a 100$ worth of item for 50$ (i.e discount sales) or
    if you bought something (even if that is the most simplest item) and you used it for many years together or
    Buying the best/most talked in the market i.e mostly branded (because it gives that eliteness/special feeling) or
    any other thoughts on this....

My take on this..

when I buy something even if its the most simplest stuff that I bought in a store and if it lasts for years together, I call that as value for money..I dont have to replace it or worry about it or think of the money I spent on it ....

Whats your thought about this concept called value for money?? come on lets share....

2 people like this.

2. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

To me something not on your list.
    It's worth the money spent for me when the purchase is ethnic, name branded, hard core object which can last for ever and ever like willing it to the next generation. Of course this can happen only with lot of delayed gratification and planning.
    I never go for the most talked about current market trend.

3. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

I am definitely not the person looking out for the latest trends.

For me if i get a chance to buy something 100$ worth for 50$ and also it the particular thing is my most desired one, then i don't miss the chance.

And also I would be happy if that item lasts longer .Of these two points, The first point would attract me more.After all, life is short so trying to make it sweet as far as possible.

4. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    for me most of my purchase is keeping the value of money in mind. I am not a person who buy things as it looks attractive at that moment and I feel like I must have it.

My must-have list is well thought, and as you say, it must be something which will serve its purpose in terms of its utility and use (I mean, it may be highly useable thing for many people, but I may not use it as much), should last long without breakdown or need for servicing... I do not go for bargaining though. So I opt for the shops or places where the price is reasonable and I won't be cheated on by the seller :)

5. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

A product manufacturer who gives a standard product with all the features of its product segment, yet at a lower cost is providing you value for money.

e.g: Ford figo has same features, mileage and space as the new swift. But it is priced around 1 lakh lesser than the swift. So figo is VFM when compared to a swift.

6. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

For me, I should feel that the product has made a good difference in my life ..like saving time,easy to use, better features etc for reasonable money.

We have stopped impulse buy, so read a lot of reviews before we buy any item.

7. SriVidya75

Heyyy thanks for being the first to post a comment :thumbsup add me to that list of someone who dont go with the current market trend...sometimes or may be msot of the times i am always behind..when it comes to following the trend:spin dont know whether its good / bad..but its working so far:)

Hema

hope you find all the sweet good deals this Diwali and thanks giving.....one more added to the group of people who doesnt run for the latest trends:cheers

KS

very nice to see you here in this thread:hiya..aaah good point about bargaining maa..I forgot to list this one of the point:coffeeI too dont trust bargaining...if the seller is reducing the price to 50% or atleast by 30%, i will start worryinga bout the original price of it:rant

8. SriVidya75

hehehehe the first 2 lines is like a definition of value for money:) but yeah the example really helped understanding your thoughts on value for money:thumbsup:thumbsupthanks for sharing

9. SriVidya75

wowww...heyyyy same pinch on the thoughts on value for money........but i have to start putting some controls on this impulse buy though....have to learn that art!!! thanks for sharing your views.