Investment Options for NRIs on H1B (with kids)

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by sirilu27, Dec 11, 2010.

1. sirilu27

sirilu27 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

We are a family of 3 ( hubby, me n kid-just born). We are in the US with hubby consulting on H1B visa (Desi vendor holds his H1) .I am a home-maker. He applied for green card but it might take a couple of years before he gets it. We are not sure if we are going to continue staying in US or move back to India.
    We have a couple of questions:
    1)What are the investment options for our retirement - better to save in India or US?
    2)What is the best investment option for saving for kids education? Given that they might do their college studies in USA
    3)What are the various life-insurance policies in India and US? Is it good to take US policy or India policy -given that we are still unsure if we are going to settle in India or US.

Please give me suggestions as both me and my hubby are completely unaware of investment options in India n US and which is the best choice for us.
    Thank you!

2. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

i too need answers for those, will follow this thread :)

3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Please look at the below threads which would give you idea on different investment options.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/money-matters/97787-post-all-your-financial-planning.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/money-matters/59885-save-for-kids-education.html

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  4. Saje

Saje New IL'ite

hi..
    If u r planning to invest in land.. the best place is south india. Because the rate keeps on increasing. If u really wanna invest, i can help u by finding the best piece of land for you.
    Good luck:)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010