Gold coins - 22kt or 24 kt?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by satin, Nov 30, 2010.

1. samhi

samhi New IL'ite

Re: Gold Coin

Kitco - Gold Precious Metals - Buy Gold Sell Gold, Silver, Platinum - Charts, Graphs, Prices, Quotes, Gold Stocks, Mining Stocks, bullion dealers.

Check this website for the price.But people buy gold from the shop not from online.

Type

Ameican Eagle - 91.67% gold; 3% silver; 5.33% copper
    Maple - pure gold 99.99%

People usually buy maple coin.I personally brought maple coin from a gold shop.You have to pay a premium of $50 when you buy any coin.Check gold shops in your area.

Hope this info helps you.

2. danielfisher

danielfisher New IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful information...I think you have to invest with 24K Gold.Because Gold cost fluctuate each time which is beneficial for you....Have a nice day.:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2011
  3. Mellow

Mellow New IL'ite

Buying Gold Coins in USA

Hello Friends,

We are planning on Investing a large amount on Gold Coins. This is purely for investment purposes right now. We might give some of it to our children when they grow up or sell all the gold say after 15 or 20 years to make profit out of the investment made now.

We live in the USA and my Husband enquired and found out that Canadian maple leaf is the Purest form of gold and the coins come in 24 Kt. Each gold coin is about 28.3 Grams.

Below are my Q's and concerns:

1. Is it a good idea to hugely invest in Gold Coins in USA ?
    2. Do you have any other suggestions other than Canadian Maple leaf ?
    3. Will 24 Kt Gold be accepted world wide for selling or making jewelry ?
    4. Any suggestions or Shops in USA where we can buy these gold coins ? Certified Shop ?

The other thing I would like to know is, If we had to then how to carry these gold coins to India ?
    Each time I travel I carry tons of my jewelry in my hand purse but can I carry gold coins the same way too ? Or would we have to deal with some procedures with Customs ?

I appreciate you all for looking into my post and for your time to responding to my questions.

Thanks,
    Mellow