1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mehendi Designs

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by jaanu_2721, Jan 23, 2008.

1. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

It really looks awesome when kalaa mehandi(black mehandi) is kept on the hands.
    It is the tradition that initiallt we choose a design , draw the outlines or borders with kaala mehandi and fill the design with the original mehandi. It really looks great afetr it dries.. HOW TO PREPARE KALA MEHANDI?
    here are the steps to prepare kalaa mehandi:
    1. initially take a sachet of godrej kaala mehandi(its a hair dye)
    2.place it in a bowl
    3.add equal quantity of ponds face powder
    4.mix as a paste with rose water or ordinary water
    5.take a square shaped plastic covers(generally the covers that come for milk packets are used)
    6. roll it as a cone and drop the paste from the wide end.
    7.close the wide end with plaster , dont staple the paste may squeeze.
    8. and ur kaala cone is finished..

NOTE: 1st try on ur hand with little amount of patch.. and test whether it suits ur skin or not..
    Reply me ur opinion plzzzz

If you have any new designs post in this thread otherwise Please reply in the link given below.

Mehendi-Replies

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009

2. anithaanu

anithaanu New IL'ite

Re: KAALA MEHANDI- black mehandi..

its really nice

thanqqq jaanu

3. Mubeen

Mubeen Bronze IL'ite

Mehandi Designs

:hiya ladies.. I am posting mehandi designs done by me.. let me know if u like them.. i wil post more of my mehandi art..Regards, MubeenHarhar

Attached Files:

4. Mubeen

Mubeen Bronze IL'ite

Re: Mehandi Designs

hi ladies.. thanks all for encouraging me to post some more of my designs... ur comments r welcome!

Attached Files:

5. Mubeen

Mubeen Bronze IL'ite

:hiyafriends... few more of my designs... hope u all like them..........these r very simple... u can try them!

Attached Files:

6. Mubeen

Mubeen Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends.. :thankyou2: for all the responses... I am postingComputer Typing more of my designs... ur comments r :welcome

Attached Files:

7. cheers_sunray

cheers_sunray Senior IL'ite

Hi Mubeen
    I'm extremely fond of Mehendi and was very much happy to see the nice designs posted by u.
    I want to know few tips in applying Mehendi, can u help me..........
    I'm not very good at applying mehendi but can apply some simple designs.How to get nice thin lines as r in ur designs????????

8. Mubeen

Mubeen Bronze IL'ite

HI cheers.. nice to see your feedback... even i was very fond of mehandi and i could not draw thin lines like this...its only experience which makes you perfect... you start drawing in papers first using pen or pencil... i usually hold mehandi cone near its tip while applying.. so that we can keep control on the flow of mehandi.. few people do it very well even holding the head of the cone.. you just check which one is comfortable for you.. you can do one more thing.. draw thin lines with a pen(very light) on your hand first and then try to make the lines. .... keep applying on your hands.. you will get it perfectly one day! all the best....

9. vijiputhucode

vijiputhucode Silver IL'ite

hi mubeen
    ur mehendi designs are superb. thanks for sharing. can u pl tell me what we should do for the mehendi stay bring for a longer time

10. Mubeen

Mubeen Bronze IL'ite

thanks viji.. your question is not very clear.. i think you are asking about color to stay for longer time...

while removing mehandi dont use water.. few people use water and wash off the mehandi as well as color... just scratch and remove mehandi from your hands if its too sticky apply coconut oil and remove.. then apply some eucalyptus oil or amurtanjan in your hands and rub them all over the design.. and dont put water in your hands for atleast 4-5 hours... mehandi will bring good color and will also stay for longer time... you can use this tip also.. heat tawa(dosa pan) and put some cloves on that... and take that steam on your hands.. keep your hands little away from tawa... it gives nice color.... hope I am clear...if you have any clarifications you can ask me!