1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Weapons of Mass "ADORATION" !!

Discussion in 'Creative Crafts' started by Sudha Kailas, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Is the title confusing ??

Let me explain….

These are weapons of the “gods”…….

With my own free hand doodling….after seeing lots and lots of pictures and photos…developed this idea….

The first set is MahaVishnu’s Shanku and Chakra….

2. Sudha Kailas

The second weapon is Murugan’s Spear (VEL)…

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha

Wow. I dont know what to say whether I am blessed to see your weapons first or you are blessed to get my first fb.

God bless you dear thats all I can say. I will come back as I want to be the first.

love
    viji

4. Sudha Kailas

Materials: Thermocol, Paper Cutter, Black Felt Paper, Kundan Stones, Glitter Glue paints, Mirror Pieces, Fevicol.

Procedure: Take a print out of the outline and cut it in the required shape. Place it on the thermocol and using the paper cutter cut the required shape. Stick felt paper on one side and make sure it is also the same shape. On the sides I used glitter paints to cover the thermocol and the back side I left it plain (you can either leave it plain or paint it). Then stick mirror pieces or kundan stones etc. and wherever necessary use the glitter paints to finish the work and allow it to dry.

Alternatively you can also use thin cardboard instead of thermocol.

Conclusion & suggestions: These can be used during Navarathri times by sticking them on to the wall using a double tape or if the sizes of these weapons are pretty small can fix them on calendar pictures of that particular god to give an embossed look.

Not only weapons but you can also try and make the Lotus for lakshmi, The Tiger for Durga Mata, the Peacock for Murugan, the Mouse for Ganesha, et, etc…..just allow your minds to wander…….creatively !!

Last but not the least for your easy beginning I have attached the outline sketches of the Shanku, Chakra and Spear (Vel)……Hope you find it helpful !!

It is quite simple doing the work. You can include your children in your crafting…..I am sure they would love cutting the paper shapes and sticking the stones etc…

"DONT FORGET TO SHOW ME WHAT YOU AND YOUR DEAR ONES HAVE CRAFTED"

5. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

Weapons of the Mass great title and lovely glittering weapons you made so grand the murugan vel was fantastic as well as sudarshan chakra--where do you get the ideas, for festive day it will look good on wall as adornment thanks Sudha for the share ,....brilliant work that is --where you get the ornament I mean the tit bit to decorate I dont know but the finish is excellent:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

6. Sudha Kailas

Viji ma, thanks so much..........

I dont have words to express my sincere and heartfelt thanks to you for coming in to visit my new thread and give your precious blessings which I most definitely need always !!

Though I planned to psot it in the morning but owing to heavy work load could not do it and just now after dinner sat on the net to complete the posting as it has lots of fotos to be attached, procedure to be written etc...

Once again my thanks for being the first one !!

I am indeed blessed........

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha

You are a winner. You have proved with your strong perception and an attitude to win, that there where there is a will to achieve your goals. the way can be discovered.

The happiest of people dont necessarily have the best of everything in life. Perhaps they are just good at making the best of most everything that life brings along their way

love
    viji

8. Sudha Kailas

Viji ma, indeed am truly blessed to get so much heartfelt blessings from you !!

Yes ma, my perseverance that nothing is impossible and the will power in me keeps me going strong day by day.......I just hope that it continues and remains all the time !! with your blessings, encouragement and motivation !!

THANK YOU !!!

9. Sudha Kailas

Mallu ka, I am so happy see you online and your prompt encouraging and motivating compliments for my new work...

10. abibaby

abibaby Silver IL'ite

Hi Sudha maam,

excellent work. supera irukku.