Tiffins

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Surya, Dec 30, 2005.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Thank u Jithiks for suggesting brands.Have to buy everything from scratch.BTW..how is the price difference when compared to home made and store brought..?

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  2. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Supriya,

Definitely, making pizza at home is much more reasonable and cost effective compared to buying pizzas. We can be generous with our toppings too ! ;-)

When we buy the pizza sauce, cheese, veggies, olive oil etc, we can use it for more than one pizza..right?

Of course, the pizza dough can be used to make one big pizza or..i forgot to add this tip in the previous posts..we can divide the dough to make 2 medium sized or 4 small pizzas.

Usually, kids prefer this and we can make varieties of pizzas at the same time using different toppings.

Have fun..and you can also involve your kids to make these..they will love it !

Cheers
    Krithika

3. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Thank you..im planning to make pizza for kids..so the tip added is a good one..

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Sprouted Moong Dhal Pan Cake

Hi Saikripa,
    Apart from the recipe I want to ask you one thing. After one full day how are you able to edit this post? Now a days it is not possible. How you edited? can you tell me how?Computer Typing

5. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Aappam:

Hey,

Aapam is almost like dosa. If you prepare it in a correct way you will get soft center like 'idly' and crispy corners like 'dosa':thumbsup:crazy

Please go and see in my forum for the recipe of appam. enjoy.

6. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Attached Files:

7. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Veggie puffs pics -2nd set

Hello IL'ites,

Pictures continued in this post....

Cheers!

Attached Files:

8. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Hey Krithika,
    Wow...Yummy puffs....feels like grabbing some:wink:I too make puffs @home & its always a hit.I have gone through your home made pizza recipe.Thanks for the recipe & also for detailing on the various ingredients & brands.Can i use a baking tray instead of a pizza pan?bonk

love.
    ammu

9. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hi jithiks,

your puffs look too tempting and the recipe mouthwatering!:2thumbsup:

My DIL makes pizza base too from scratch, and it comes out very nice and spongy.Here is the recipe.

1.3 1/2 cups flour (2 cups All purpose flour+1 1/2 wheat flour)

2.2 packs (8gms each) active dry yeast +honey/sugar 1 tsp + salt 1/2 tsp dissolved in a cup of water and kept aside for 10 minutes.

3Mix yeast mixture with flour and knead to a soft elastic consistancy and place in a bowl and keep aside for 2-3 hrs, beating once in between.

4.make pizzas in pizza pan (or baking dish)in different sizes ,or several small ones for kids, as jithiks says) and top with homemade tomato sauce, preferred vegetables and cheese according to each person's taste and requirement.

5.bake for 40 mts @ 375 deg.

Yummy homemade pizza from scratch is ready!

tomato sauce:
    INGREDIENTS
    5 large tomatoes,blanched ,peeled and crushed
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 cups water
    3 leaves fresh basil leaves
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onions in the oil until golden brown. Add crushed tomatoes, water, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Let the sauce come to a boil, lower heat to low and stir occasionally until desired thickness. Sauce is ready .

10. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi ammukutty,

Thanks for your compliment !

For making the pizza, sure you can use a baking tray...if you don't have pizza pan...you mean like a cookie sheet..right?

You can also make the pizzas into any shape..there is no rule that you should stick to a circular shape all the time. In fact when we can make it into a rectangular or square shape..we get cute slices..kids love variety..ofcourse adults too ! :drool

Cheers
    Krithika