1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Having kids of same of opposite gender????

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Tara09, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Tara09

Tara09 New IL'ite

:hiya all:

Read the topic: 'Having kids of same or opposite gender'???..sorry for the error!

I don't know whether a thread like this has been started...if so please somebody merge with it. It is OK with me. Otherwise share your thoughts here.

Sometimes, especially when you are pregnant we hear this a lot, some people say having a girl and boy is better. Some say NO!NO! then later after a certain age they again tend to become a little lonely since they need friends of same gender and cannot relate much with the sibling being opposite gender. So, according to this thought both siblings of same gender and preferably of 2-4yrs age gap and not more than 5yrs age difference is the ideal situation.

OK now for people who struggle to conceive due to some medical reasons or whatever they find all this talk USELESS since for them they see having a choice is asking too much from almighty.

Anyway, lets not get into those topics and just limit our discussion to what according to you is an ideal scenario. Again please don't say that whatever GOD gives we need to accept without bias or prejudice. I am absolutely a staunch believer of this but just for a healthy discussion lets pour in our thoughts.

According to me having kids of same gender and not much age gap is ideal. I have both daughters who are 4yrs apart and by God's grace the age difference happened as planned. I find both my dds always in their own little world. They don't seem to need anyone else. They play,fight,share,get even jealous of each other, annoyed, and sometimes blame me of being partial to another etc etc. But of all these I find that they are so busy and sure will treasure these moments forever. I think if it was siblings of opposite gender then to a certain age all this is possible but later the closeness is not there....JMO!

Please share your opinion.
    :coffee
    Tara

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009

2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Re: Having kids of same or opposite gender????

tara

like you mentioned we really can't decide & have no control on getting the gender we wish.

probably the gap between 2 children is with in our control.

then it's all left to the way in which we bring them up, culture, surroundings, location, schools / colleges they go to, friends circle, relatives circle, the land in which they are brought up, etc.

there is no proven method that can support the theory of having same gender or different genders, advantageous over the other.

we can see only examples in both the cases - good & bad.

we have 2 daughters with a difference of 5 years between them.

though the same gender, they still have small problems always.

we are bringing them up with no difference, but both of them feel the other is the pet.

these days children have exposure to many things, which we were not aware of when we were children.

our feeling is that be it any gender, if the age gap is less than 3 years then may be the problems would be lesser.

if more people respond, that would say there is no strong reason that would support either of them.