1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sending kids to india

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by vennela1, Apr 25, 2009.

1. vennela1

vennela1 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am in a dilemma. I have 2 kids, who are under 5 yrs old. My husband and i are thinking of sending my kids to india for 2 months to my inlaws place, so they can spend time with cousins and relatives. I dont have parents on my side so i dont have any option but to send them to my inlaws. i am feeling very insecured. I dont know whether i can live with out them for 2 months. We can also bring inlaws to usa..but the thing is we want our kids to be in different environment for few months, and i cant accompany them because of work. My kids are very close to me and i am definetely sure they will miss me. I dont know whether they will be mad at me for separating them for 2 months. will they become more close to my inlaws because of this 2 months? I am also worried how they will be treated. Ofcourse they will not be treated horribly but atleast no one can love my kids as much as i do, and i dont know whether my inlaws will show continuous attention on them or else they will feel very lonely. I dont want one of my kids to be with us and one to be with my inlaws because, i dont want the other to be felt left out between strangers or feeling isolated.
    please suggest me what to do, or atleast give some moral support. Thank you.

2. Huma Tanvir

Huma Tanvir New IL'ite

Hi,

U are asking moral support, this shows u are willing to send ur children.

Whereas i am sure nobody can see the children like parents, not even the grandparents, as the age factor, also they dont know the habits of children who are living far away from them

Also, children are not so familiar with the relatives and cousins, and as ur children are below 5 yrs. its more difficult....for g.parents and children also

once the kids are above 10 yrs. then it is possible for them to visit and stay alone, and enjoy with cousins and friends...children should not become trouble for anybody, also nobody can see ur children with full devotion something will be missed.....

Better u can visit along with them for less time and enjoy the time fully with family and relatives also....

This i suggest bcoz of my own experience...

rest u decide...

regards

Huma.

3. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

I strongly feel you must ask your kids whether they want to be away from you during the holidays.Children are children and chances are they can develop a complex too at such an impressionable age as this.
    When my parents sent me along with my grandparents,after they passed away,i used to feel miserable going back to stay with my parents even for a short while as 2 months.

4. raha256

raha256 Bronze IL'ite

have u ever left u child to someone place?. if yes, do u know whether they were comfortable without u?. if they were comfortable, u can send them. If no, it is too risky to send them for 2 MONTHS because u r childrens are less than 5 year old. they are TOO SMALL

raha