1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to be a successful mother?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Melody123, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Melody123

Melody123 New IL'ite

Hi friends. I am a mother to a 2 1/2 yr old daughter. I always feel insufficient in the place of mother. I want to be responsible and disciplined so that my daughter also becomes like that. I want to raise her in such a way that she is strong reliable responsible fearless and independent and smart enough to survive in this tricky world. Successful moms please share your thoughts on how to bring up a kid well.
    in what all should i engage her in. what all schedule you follow for your kids including diet, cleanliness, activities indoors outdoors etc.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hello dear, hugs to you. Donot worry. You will be a great mother. There ia a lot of information online about an effective mother and you are doing a great job seeking it.

Parenting websites and montessori websites have a great deal of information. I would recommend baby whisperer, baby centre, supernanny websites.

Here are a couple of threads here which might help you
    Http://www.indusladies.com/forums/toddlers/239473-improving-interpersonal-skills-in-children.html

*http://www.indusladies.com/forums/toddlers/259123-what-to-teach-2year-old.html

3. preesmiles

preesmiles Silver IL'ite

You are such a good mom for wanting to go all this for your daughter :)
    If you are on Facebook, join Montessori groups such as Montessori 101 and Montessori and RIE groups. They will give you tons of ideas on how to foster creativity and independence in your child. At 2 and a half, the emphasis should be on lots of free play both indoors and outdoors. Kids this age learn best that way as opposed to someone formally teaching them. Give her open ended materials to play such as blocks, art materials and read to her lots. Try to avoid those noisy, flashy battery operated toys and limit or avoid TV altogether.

Kids like predictability so have a routine or rhythm in place for her everyday. Involve her in your day to day work like cooking and cleaning and let her help you. The montessori websites and groups should give you a lot of info on how to do that. Buy her kid sized cleaning materials and kitchen tools and let her work with you. Let her also have some outdoor play time everyday.
    Focus on her being joyful as opposed to training her to be academically brilliant and let her sing, draw, play and work with you and she will grow up to be an amazing child!

4. Melody123

Melody123 New IL'ite

Thanks for your replies and valuable suggestions my friends. I feel really good abt my self

5. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Dear Melody,
    It feels so good to read this post. And the replies from guesshoo and preesmiles are so warm. Shows how beautiful all of you are. Thanks for that.
    Regards,
    Cliona