1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Would you have the guts to do this to your child?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by anika987, Jul 2, 2015.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I read an article in fb with pictures about a couple who moved back to India from USA with their daughter.The girl was admitted in a government school.he had posted pics of the child who lived a good life in USA ,went to one of the top district schools and dressed fashionably.now the child sits in a government school with oil plaited hair and school uniform.

The child looked very innocent and happy.she must be only seven years probably.

the parents seem to be well off.the reason they gave is,government schools also have good teachers and mentality should change amongst Indians.hence this choice.

choice maybe his.child is theirs.however,I do not know why I felt a skip in my heartbeat.a little bit of anger mixed with sadness.i felt the child deserved to be sent to one of the best schools.

is it my ego,pride which is thinking this way?the parents may not be wrong then why this feeling?Also,when people r dying to go to the area with best school districts why this choice?

AGAIN AM NOT SAYING government schools r bad and other schools r best.think this is some kind of a mind block.just wanted to,know ur opinions.how many of u would put their kids in a government school once returning to INdia or how many in India would do the same?

2. fellowblogger

fellowblogger Silver IL'ite

Anika i agree with you completely.....Govt schools, good or bad i am not sure, but still i would never ever experiment with my child's life.

3 people like this.
  3. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

I think that girl is so innocent , obedient and accept whatever her parents do that's why she is happy .. :) I didn't join my kids in Govt.school when we were stayed one year in India coz I don't have that guts to join them in Govt.school and do experiments with them.

sindmani and anika987 like this.
  4. StrongAmazing

StrongAmazing New IL'ite

Oh my god so strange I can't even think of a situation like this .there are many like that girls parents who are in their own world of thinking because my inlaws and my husband are like that it's very difficult to convince such people unless they themselves want to change .God bless the girl .

1 person likes this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

AS adults,the parents have the right to experiment with their life .Travel in local buses and live a basic life.But why experiment with your child when you have a choice? People are not stupid to spend money to send their children to other schools.

While they can experiment with their lives for years and still go back if they choose,the child wold have lost some good years when there is no need to.

4 people like this.
  6. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

Very strange but we don't know what happened actually and what made them to do so..in my case I don't think I would join my daughter

1 person likes this.
  7. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

No I wont not join my children in a govt school unless it is a KV. One of the reasons is local language will be a subject in govt schools.

1 person likes this.
  8. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

For changing mentality of people i will not expetiment with my child .....i will ptefet to keep all expetiments to me only....
    moreover i believe tht government school or hospital or any free scheme shuld be left for poor people....people who can afford shuld take oaid services....as becoz of huge population free services cant be provided to everybody so poor people shuld get benefited...

9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

True after all we earn for what?to give a better life for our loved ones.
    As you said we are actually doing injustice to those people who cannot afford better schools by taking thei school seats.

experimentation should stop with us not our kids.
    i wish someone put some sense in those parents head and move the child to a different school.

Sorry for the rant but I felt bad for the child

10. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I will not have the guts...Frankly...Day in and day out we (me and DH) work hard only for my DS's well being ...and would dare not do that....

I feel these ppl do it for publicity purpose

2 people like this.