1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how i wished for you to have a baby boy !!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by gorgeous23, Mar 5, 2013.

1. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

Hi all !!

i decided to start this thread as a mother of two daughters.
    my second daughter was born in november last year & ( i think this is much more common in north india), not a single person (my parents included) congratulated me on the birth of my second daughter.in fact , all the relatives / colleagues who called expressed their condolences on the birth of another daughter. the atmosphere was like sumbody had died.
    i had a very short labour, the baby was normal and very beautiful, i was walking a few hours after birth & was home the very next day to resume almost all work of my newborn - all these things just didnt matter, what mattered was that it not a boy.
    it was as if i had missed out on something very important in life by not having a son.
    everybody made me feel so bad, many relatives didnt even visit or call, they got the news from someplace else & thought not to bother to congratulate te birth of second girl, those who did werent nice either, plain insensitive & rude - oh you cud hav gone for ultrasound detection ( yeah i got this advice), raising two daughteres is very expensive, they wil walk away with all your savings when they get married, who wil giv mukhagni whn you r dead,the rites arent complete unless u hav a son & what not.
    there is so much inside me that i want to get out but have nobody to talk to in this matter, here opinions are formed the moment people cum to know u have 2 daughters.
    really, is life so difficult for people who dont hav any sons, atleast in india ?
    how many of you hve gone through this ?

2. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

I can understand. Although I did not go through such situation. I was lucky to have a son at first go as per many. My FIL even danced balle balle outside the OT when my DH came out saying its a boy.

I cant say whether its difficult to raise 2 girls but the society does make it look like. Pity the vulnerability of women yeah??

3. plantscantalk

plantscantalk Gold IL'ite

Congratulations on becoming a mother to a healthy and cute GIRL child.

I can only empathize with you on your feeling (rightly) very hurt by the rude behaviour and comments of insensitive people after the baby was born.

Hopefully, you'll forget (and not forgive) these rude jerks and their worthless opinions, on seeing cute smiles on your little girls' faces.

1 person likes this.
  4. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear gorgeous23

The best thing that happened in your life is THOSE TWO LIITLE PRECIOUS GEMS.- the lovely girls.
    Congratulations.:party

Girls are very loving & caring. They are always attached to you. You will love every moment with them. You are very lucky. Don't bother what others say. I know it hurts. In this age all are equal. Take good care of them. Give them good education. Cost of bringing a child is same now whether it is boy or girl.

In this age who is bothered how your end comes and what happens to your body? Most of them go to crematorium- the person who does this... is ..he is our father/brother/husband/son... All this is nonsense.

Don't ever think about such things. You have a lovely girl in your life, enjoy every minute of your motherhood.

5. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

congratulation for a cute and healthy girl baby..........

Please be proud that you have girl baby and ask ur rude relatives if at all boy is born and when he grow up and married and he will throw you out keeping all your savings wat will you do..........atleast these girl babies has sympathy but not for boys........i am sorry if i had hurt you............

growup ur child with pride and give her good education and teach a good moral so that these relatives will surely say oh u are so lucky to have a 2 girls.

6. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

It’s not that difficult as long as good education is given to them.. I have not experienced this but my mom has :) they gave us a good education and rest all were taken care by us.. My MIL has 3 boys and she told my mom that girls are more affectionate to their parents.. Guys do love their parents but not expressive like girls..

So you have nothings to worry.. but safety wise, you have a lot more responsibilitiy.. that’s my thought

7. monu21

monu21 Senior IL'ite

my sister is having two daughters aged 8 and 3.she never minds about her relatives comments reg for not having a baby boy...she used to tell to me they are angels to me.she says ,i pray to god that they should be like me and her ,as we are very close.....sure you wnt regret in the future,for not having a baby boy......though we have a brother,my mom used to tell the love and care that we sisters give to her ,is incomparable to his son.(our brother)....so enjoy your motherhood for having such cute little angels.....:thumbsup:party

8. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Hearty congratulations for having two daughters. First one was a son for me. We wanted to have a girl baby next. We did pooja prayed lord narasimha to bless us with girl. We got princess in our life. She is making our life really wonderful. What ever talks may be' it is in how we bring the kids. Many stories are there where son doesn't take care of parents, and daughters full filling all duties. If girls are not there and there is no existence of mankind itself. Give good education, courage, self confidence and values of life to your daughters. Rest they will take care.

9. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I am a proud mother of one daughter and i can understand your pain which others have given you ....as I have to goto thru this even on the birth of my only daughter....My mother in law immediately commented on hearing the news of birth of baby gal - yehi bahu aisi nikali jisne ladki paida ki hai....even my hubby didnt bring any sweets....my in laws beahviour was like this as if something bad has happened....i was so hurt by all this....but I decided after that that i will not let others hurt me or hurt my daughter by their malign remarks...
    I am proud of being a mother of a daughter and i will tell this to everybody....Now even my husband loves our daughter more than me...and we decided to have only one child....we dont even wish to have a boy...
    Recently one of my relatives try to tell us how unfortunate are the parents who are having daughters...
    I told him immediately that I dont think so....Unfortunate are the parents who dont know the value of their daughter....
    i told him :ki ladkian bhgyawaano ke ghar paida hoti hai har kisi ke yahan nahi hoti....bus moorkh loga ye nahi samjhte aur dono haatho se apne ghar ki laksmi ko door bhagaate hai...
    i dont think so now ever he will try to say soemthing regarding birth of my daughter....

sindmani, beingloved and yellowmango like this.
  10. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Congradulations for having two daughter.. I am in 9th pregnancy. This is my first child. As of now dont know the gender. My co-sistet having two boys. Last year second kid was born. The same thing which you got she is also got. Whoever knows this news conveyed their condolence. So its not only for girl.. You dont worry enjoy with your loveable daughters.

Since they dont have daughters they expecting from me.