You are already
a member and logged in!
My 5 year old DD is good. But I feel that I have failed to turn her into a star child. can you pls help me with your thoughts.
1) I am very irritable, short tempered, dont ask me why but I have my own reasons that will press the red button inside myself that I yell and start beating :( She has picked that from me. Now she is very impatient, just like me.
2) Only very few are liked by others, and me and my DD are definitely not in that category. I feel that she is never been liked by her friends, they only use her and her toys, etc. and seldom invite her for any social gathering, etc.
3) She is slightly egoistic. for eg., there were few competitions in her school, but when I asked her to practice, she was over confident that she would do it on the D-Day only and need not practice. Unlike the real star child, she forgot everything on the stage and turned out to just scratch her head and sat back in her place.
4) She NEVER has got any prize, though I keep pushing her. She is not having any kind of impact, but I feel very hurt that she couldnt get any
5) She is capable of doing drawings and paintings, but is doing shabbily. Read point no. 3 - if I try to correct her she becomes agitated
6) Her studies are very good but. She writes neatly, capable of reading sentences, loves to read books. Finishes her homework without any support. Yet she is getting a B grade only in her school
7) she is not appearing in any photo that is taken in her school; she is not selected for any annual day or other activities in her school.
8) She is very good in telling stories and show-n-tell yet her teacher complaints that she has a very feeble voice and is not able to hold the listeners attention
9) She is ok in singing, very poor in dancing - going to try out putting her in music class
10) Zero in sports - though active in playing games in the park, cycling, etc.
Please dont complain that I am expecting too much... but do give some good inputs on how to get her attention. BTW am a working mom and have time in the evening and weekends.