1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What does DH want?!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, Apr 20, 2010.

Do you think you meet your DH's expectations? What percentage do you meet?

1. 100%

19.3%
  2. 75%

45.8%
  3. 50%

24.1%
  4. 25%

7.2%
  5. 0%

3.6%
  1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

No secret phorum schmorum. Men are simple and they'll give you those answers like DDC's DH :)

Yes, pls. buy that for him. I've asked my DW for iPhone version 4.0 (not yet released though :rant)

2. DDC

DDC Silver IL'ite

FoundLove:
    They probably have a parallel IndusMen forum/secret society somewhere & I can almost see a bunch of guys scrambling for the right answers, thinking "OMG, what are they upto today on IL".

Ms.True:
    Thank you for the welcome to IL. We have been married for more than 10 yrs now. He's typically not this vocal so I am :queen today.

Btw Just to throw it out there to all: there were a few posts talking about 'complete surrender' in a good sense i.e the wife to the husband & vice-versa. But what if, the 'surrender' is not expected, accepted, understood or appreciated by the spouse be it DH or DW?

-DDC

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  3. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Hmmm definitely secret society and Spidey is a part of it so he is being so secretive about it.:biglaugh.

Will definitely get iPad for him but next year...Always the next version is better and cheaper . I am also waiting for the new iPhone.:thumbsup.

Ms True...just wanted to let you know ....I am enjoying our MAS(mutual admiration society)...You like my posts..I like yours..so on and so forth.

Take Care all.
    FL

4. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

@DDC,
    Hope you still feel the :queen.

@FL
    Inspired by you and DDC & few, I asked the dreaded Question to my DH last night.

:eek:mg:These guys do have a secret forum!! His answer was almost like DDC DH's. Long story short, he asked me 5 weeks time!!

PS: MAS - :rotflThx FL!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  5. sarma

sarma Senior IL'ite

I think what a hubby wants is in diff stages:

Early in the marriage:
    Surrender as spidey says. I would say appeal to his male ego. Even if you do it in your way, try to make it sound like it's his way. Every time you look at him look him like you are talking to your fav hero without the shirt :) Trust me he will be thanking his lucky stars for having found you!

Later years:
    Be a friend. Show your intellectual side. Offer to participate in career/financial planning sessions. Give enough space. Offer to be of help. Don't second guess. Have faith and support him to 'launch'. And yes, lose those inhibitions in bed. Nothing should be taboo :)

6. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

I really dont know if this is sweet.. cos for such guys there moms know what all to expect cos their son never had any expectations :bonk. I hear the same from mine however we still have survived WW I & WW II... if I ping him any senti topic to confirm on chat am sure I'll lay foundations for WW III :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl.

I personally feel safer to deal with people who reply the way DDC's DH.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  7. vinaya1234

vinaya1234 New IL'ite

WOW!! You seem to sound so much like my husband.
    Aditya, I always admired your straight forward way of expressing things you believe in. That is simply GREAT!!

I got to tell here about myself. I think dh wants are kinda 60-75% fulfilled. I am not sure. Maybe I need to ask him and if it was only me judging without consulting him then that is where I place myself.

Dh and I knew each other way before marriage. It was not that mad love as in our movies but just loved each other. Before marriage dh expressed his wants....Aditya just as you said above.
    I never wanted to sacrifice my financial independence for anything. OK that was at that time. Dh did not ask me to fully give up but kinda wanted me to put it a little behind. From childhood I have been fiercely independent child in all aspects. That is what my parents say too. I was sort of 'low maintenance child' for them.....:) since I was more independent doing my things compared even to my older siblings.
    I had so much clear cut goals and aspirations. I mean, after marriage I realized that my dh was a totally opposite guy. Life while you are in love/dating and when you actually get married and live under one roof......hell lot of different...atleast for me.
    Initially, I had lot of tension due to different attitudes and temperments.
    Slowly I started realizing that I needed to do something to keep peace in this marriage and I compromised SO MUCH.....yes, I can say that.

Now, careerwise I am in much lesser position than him when I had all the ability to climb up. So many of my friends(women) are way higher than me and yeah, I feel bad and bitter sometimes when I think about it.
    Many Women know how it feels.
    To men I want to say this.....It is not a good feeling!!!

Anyway, good or bad, is not the matter here. It is all about sacrifices/compromises and what makes your family happy.
    My husband decided to move to India and I was in a good position in US. OK I followed him. My inlaws are very nice people and I highly respect them. My husband decided they live with us and first I was uncomfortable and hesitated but later understood and accepted them in our home with us. I just told him I will not take this as my final YES, but will give it a try. If they behaved badly then the decision would be obvious. But my inlaws always respected our privacy and never involved in our issues.
    Of course, we have a big house too. Today, I can have heated arguement with my husband but I guarantee that they will not even say a single word if not asked. So, I feel that living together is also a blessing for me and my children.
    I mean, the whole point is, a little compromise and a little adjustment makes the life whole lot happier.
    We need to have clear boundaries in any relationship be it with spouse or inlaws/parents or later with children.
    In our house, inlaws have their own routine and we have ours and we kind of find a common ground to keep it running smoothly. So much of credit goes to my FIL/MIL because adjustments by them at this age is difficult but they have done that only for us...especially me and my kids.

Our temperaments are totally opposite...dh and mine.
    We fell in love..:bonk....opposite poles attract...:)

Emotionally we are interdependent...because I still need him and his input in any decisions and he wanted that from me.
    Financially....we are both independent. He kind of did not want that from me......I could say that seeing his attitude immediately after marriage.
    Other aspects in married life are a plus here and a minus there. So over all, I cannot say all his wants are fulfilled. I would rate myself 60-75%

8. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Vinaya, :hatsoff
    Lovely post & life :)
    I love your humor and attitude, Shilpa! :)
    Thanks Sarma! Crisp pointers. I appreciate your honest posts in the forum. Very helpful to get insights from men in a ladies forum. Good going :thumbsup.

9. pingme

pingme New IL'ite

SO MUCH IS EXPECTED FROM A WOMAN!!!

WHAT DO MEN DO TO UNDERSTAND THEIR LIFE PARTNER???
    DO THEY SERIOUSLY THINK WHAT SHE WANTS AND PLAN THE TIMELINE(Bold part from the above post) IN THEIR MARRIAGE???.............Just curious to know especially from men in this forum.

10. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Dear Pingme,
    Chillout!
    I think because the topic was "What does DH want?" Men here voiced their genuine expectations on the DW. Otherwise, they would have touched your questions too. Probably if there is a dedicated thread on DW's expectations, you would have gotten your answers. And we all can try to better understand their best efforts taken to meet the expectations.. why/how it fails sometimes..or/and some success stories..

I don't think they had taken an oath "Never ever I will understand my DW". :)

I shall open that thread right now. :thumbsup

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010