1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Issues with Trust in marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SweetDreamz007, Jul 17, 2009.

1. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Sweet Dreamz

Just one question before I really make any judgements here....Was your husband this way before?? I mean was he interested or flirting with any women before this lady...???Did he try to do such similar stuff previously with any of your neighbours or friends or any of his colleagues???

2. SriVidya75

Sorry Priya Dear...I wont agree to this point..tsktsk

Such actions will worsen the situation always....As Visu suggested...SDs husband would get a way to justify his actions much more...

3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

SD007 ,

You already look like a Female Bond to me !! :) Respite all the stress you going through, I see the way you take life soo sensible ! You are outright practical. Ok, praises aside :)

If your are ' not liking ' the very act of your hubby then it simply means, he needs to curb it ! It holds good with either of the spouse. Regardless of wether one of them feels it is right or wrong, it needs to stop ! It only means that there still exists mutual respect to emotions..

Respite understanding the fact that this woman ' flirts ' your hubby asking you to hush and telling you feel jealous is plain stupidity !! I feel the best way to handle this is to confront your hubby straight and ask him

What he is upto ?
    Does he want to live with you the way as any normal couple would or wants to keep having seasonal crushes this way ?
    If he continues to have seasonal crushes and act funny with other women, then you are sure going to make life tough for him and will walk out after that !
    But if he tells you that, he wouldnt repeat it again.. then WARN him that the next time you see or even sense something crazy you will handle it your way ! He will not have a word after that.
    So, first take your hubby to task ! If you are jealous, YOU ARE ! If he fails to understand that you dont feel jealous for every man in the neighbourhood , then it means you are so much in commitment to the marriage. So, his dirty business should stop !
    Can he, or cant he ?

Once those things are set right at home.. You could take the whip for this dame who has been flaunting around. If you are sure, that she " neednt be bothered " about anymore once your hubby ' understand ' your point, then let go of her and say the word IGNORE whenever you happen to see her ! But, if you feel, no matter what your hubby tries to do, she doesnt allow it go peaceful for you and is making life very difficult day by day for you then , time to handle her too !
    Go a step forward, confront her loose talks when you are with your hubby. Put her in her place and make her ' realise ' the line of decency !

I know it isnt too wise to step to the bitterness level of this extent but when your entire married life becomes a worry and you know it is in complete jeorpardy, ONE NEEDS TO BE TOUGH and needs to set things right for all its worth ! I call this BEING CLEVER !

You shouldnt let few specimens created by God whom he forgot put some sense into, to ruin your 8 years of married life ! God did give you lott extra wisdom to handle these weirdies !! :)

Never let anyone, your hubby or some lunatics as such to walk all over you !!

Time to whip them, you know where !!

Best Luck !!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  4. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Drpreethis, wonderful advice,:thumbsup

5. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

Sorry lady, I did not read you entire post and I missed this. Dr. Preethi's is fully justified in whatever she wrote. I take back my earlier response, in which I was awarding benefit of doubt to your husband

Again Preethi at her best!

6. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Agreed, chanting name of someone in sleep? that is awful, this guy has some serious issues....

7. sonamkumar

sonamkumar Senior IL'ite

Is your DH really cheating on you with this lady (ie having an affair) or simply flirting with her and you are afraid that this may lead to something bigger.

You can have a intuition about this too and know from your trust level with him over the years. If he is really cheating on you than you should first find real hard proof of it and then confront him and then decide the next step.

If he has flirted before and that has never led to an affair then you might be safe. This means that your DH is one of the flirting kind and do not mean to cheat on you. Therefore he sees it as something not so harmful and might think you are overreacting to a simple plain situation.

If you confront him with this he will definately think that you are making it a big thing for a harmless situation.
    He does not realize that what he considers harmless is indeed very hurtful to you because you start to feel neglected and unloved.

If it is his habit to flirt,then I agree with Priya that he should know how it is to be on the other side of the situation. Instead of being insecure, try giving a lot of attention to someone else for sometime and see if he dislikes it. If he really likes you and do not want to loose you he will not like it and would know how it feels. However do not overdo it. This strategy worked for one of my friend. May or may not work for you. So please take it with caution.

If he is really serious about her or having an affair, then maybe you have to do what Karishma did in Biwi No 1 movie.

Good luck

8. SriVidya75

Preethi You are the sweetest girl....:cool2::whistle:whistle:whistle:whistle:whistle:whistle

no one can put it in a better way than what you suggested to SD...sometimes I think we women need such confidence and strong supportive words to do what is right!!

SD ..good luck dear!

9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

With all due respect to all the responders, I have to agreed with MrsFrank that a talk with the other woman's husband could be very helpful at separating the two. I think a lot of distance is needed between these two before things get more serious and he could help make this happen. Marriage counselling is also a very very good idea. One thing I would warn against and that is involving children in any way in adult business. If the child says something and then the parents separate later for some reason related or not, children take these things as they have made them happen. The child may have mental problems or guilt the rest of life if that happens so please don't take that chance.

10. SweetDreamz007

SweetDreamz007 Bronze IL'ite

Amazing replies as expected, thanks ladies and gentlemen. You know, I have tried to give him a taste of his own medicine an year back and it just backfired. When he was trying to mingle with this lady too much, I told him there are limits and he just said am jealous. SO i thought maybe he is right, maybe I am jealous. Well, I did not flirt but was involving in discussions with men more than usual and hubby really hated this. It was just a silent war and him blaming me for my insensible act saying why i need so much attention when i can just shut up ?? !!?? I thought poor guy is soooo jealous so let me not try to hurt him. Well, I would expect the same thing.

In return he takes this group thing too seriously just so that he can flirt with this lady.
    I do not think anyone would notice my hubby and her, why would they, it is not their spouse. It is a very friendly and open-minded group and we do mingle with men as needed but not *just* with men.

Well my hubby does criticize this lady and even agrees with me when i tell him what i do not like. But again his eyes just keep following her... Dont you think he is just trying to play safe and not give his impression of her to me to make me not suspect anything? Well agrred he does not do anything just with that family or lady but tries to sneak in on them by asking her hubby whats up or dropping by to their place unannounced along with my kid without letting me know … Did he think I did not teach my kid enough words so that she can let me know where she had been.. LOL Foolish Hubby !! He does not have the guts to do anything one-on-one, hence using the bund of frinds and my kid to meet her/ give her attention.

No, I do not think this would lead to an affair, but YES I am still very bothered and concerned as it is my married life that is at stake. Well he wasnt really into flirting as such. Here is his background: Only Son, no sisters, not really any female classmates in college life, he is really adored by all for his sense of humor. And I had encoruaged him always to talk to ladies when he told me there is a so-and-so in the office. Not to justify his actions, but I strongly feel that he married to me, arranged marriage as it was, wants to get the confidence that he can have other women have interest in him other than his *granted* wife. He gets a kick out of attention this lady gives him. Said that, I always give my full attention to him indoor and out, irrespective of his attention. I feel I cannot emote the same way he does everytime, my emotions are mine and cannot swing according to his.

I totally understand that everyone loves attention from opposite sex other than spouse, I would wonder whats wrong if no one was giving me attention too. What I fail to understand is why the hell does he think what he does is fine and will not hurt me and our marriage? I am still struggling to bring it to his notice and attention that this is sinful.

Well he has already graduated over the years by flirting with a single lady to flirting with married lady with kid. This lady’s intentions aside, I need my hubby back.

I would like to share an artice I found on the web, very intresting and though-provoking. I suspect my hubby is in the exact position as this guy is by not really realizing what ripples his actions are causing.

I do not hate my hubby, rather definitely feel deceived and completely intentionally hurt. I am planning to be away from home (alone) this weekend just so that he knows that I am really upset. Is that a good idea or would it ruin things? I seriously need some alone time …

Thanks all again.

SD.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2009