1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Intimate Enemy Embarassed Me :)

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ravikant, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Ravikant

Ravikant Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I saw this month's contest for starting happy threads and thought will give it a shot.

I want to share something that my wife did for me out of good intentions, but ended up embarrassing me in front of others. Something that we both laughed big time after the fact!

Let me start...

My wife packs 2-3 servings of fruits for me everyday. She puts them in those small packets and stuffs them in my laptop bag. For a few weeks, because of my work pressure, I forgot to eat them and brought those fruits back. So, she started putting appointments in in my office calendar reminding me to eat my fruits. As you can see..disaster is waiting to happen. But, all was well for a few weeks. Fruits were eaten, she was happy and I was happy.

One day, my boss said lets sync-up our calendars and find a common time for this big review meeting. She asked each of her direct reports to print their calendars and bring it to the meeting. Having totally forgotten this wife reminders, I blissfully printed my calendar and took it to the meeting and handed it over to my boss.

She read it loud and asked what are these "eat banana", "eat grapes", "don't miss lunch" appointments? I was totally taken aback and didn't know what to say. I mumbled and fumbled but still got nailed by my peers. To this day, I get crucified whenever we talk about calendars. Needless to say, the practice was discontinued promptly:)

Hope you all will share your stories too..!

2. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

what a cute story Ravi. I'm glad that you both can laugh about it now.

3. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Very sweet story.. Loved it.

One thing I am sure you have one doting , loving wife.

Thanks,
    Ria

4. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Veryyy sweeet and cute! :)
    Here;s wishing you guys happiness like this always!!

Cheers,
    Vids

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

What a stress buster your incident was, Ravi !! :) Lovely memories in life isnt ?? I like the very thought of you writing about it here .. that shows how fond you are of both of you !! Life is all about such musings right ??

Ok , just as your post read.. let me also share something which our friends make fun of us even to this day !

My hubby pie has a habit of looking at my face when he talks even in a group of 1000s ! By this I mean, if anyone asks him something, he starts to answer it by looking at my face ! :hide:
    I dont really know if anyone can imagine how it looks like ! There was this instance when one of our friend asked something and my man started talking looking at me, respite of the fact that I am looking elsewhere purposely !! Oh my hubby does not really care if I am not loking at him.. he goes on his way ! Suddenly we saw the entire group of our friends of 14 move their chairs to behind me so that they could see my husband's face when he talks !! We both were shocked and he suddenly got speechless !
    My hubby is still the same and all our friends have got used to this way of conversation ! bonk

6. cheerful

cheerful Bronze IL'ite

hahaha..that was funny.

7. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

i really laughed after reading your story, very funny! :rotfl:rotfl

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Very funny....
    Both Ravi & Preethi made me to laugh for some time....

9. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Ravikant, you have a lovely wife, don't you? But whatever you mentioned in your post was hilarious :rotfl. To tell my story, beginning of our married life, my DH would invariably use my name whether talking to me or to anybody else. And he would always say "I Love You" at the end of our conversation. Once while talking to his colleague, he assigned some work to him and said "Bye I love you" and disconnected the call. After sometime he realised his mistake and called up his colleague (thankfully a male), apologised to him, explained to him why he said tha, etc.,

2 people like this.
  10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Oh Ravi and DrPreethis,

your posts really made me laugh and i am still laughing till my stomach is hurting, it is really hilarious it reminds ime of my dad everyday he will recite to my mum "i love you" when he sneezes he takes her name, when he bursts out laughing he takes her name, my dad is so hilarious that even infront of all our relatives he does that so whenever my parents walk in at a function they all sing my mums name before dad does

this is so hilarious, ravi your wife really loves you are a lucky guy.

alpa:cheers

zeppelingirl and satchitananda like this.