1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What would you expect from your spouse on your B'day?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SupriyaDinesh, Aug 9, 2007.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

HI all,
    I would like to know from IndusLadies what would they expect from their spouse on their b'day?Would it be Surprise gift or any other?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007

2. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Re: What would u expect from ur spouse on u r b'day?

Hi

I would expect that we spend some quality time with each other... go for a long drive... or have a quiet dinner at home or outside... a sweet surprise, that could be anything of the b'day person's interest...

material things arent necessary... cos thats something we buy otherwise also, whether its a birthday or not...

~Abha

3. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Re: What would u expect from ur spouse and u r b'day?

I expect my husband to remember my birthday and wish me - that's all. :mrgreen:

I am not too interested in gifts. But my husband does know the kind of things I like.

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Agree with Abha and Nivedi,material gifts do not matter at all,they should remember our birthday,that's it.

Last yr on my birthday,my husband and I had a fight the previous day and so we were not talking to each other.On my birthday,till the evening he did not bother to wish me.I was so depressed and I took off to the gym thinking 'how can he be so angry to not even wish me?'. But when I came back,both dad and son had got the table decorated and there was a birthday cake waiting for me.That little gesture really made my day.:-D

5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Same thing here, If my husband remembers my birthday and anniversery that is the ultimate gift.

6. SupriyaDinesh

Thank you ILites for sharing u r views :2thumbsup:

7. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Supriya,

First of all, I should appreciate you for having started a different kind of thread here. Till now, most of the discussions in this section have been about the problems faced with the spouse and I always wondered why life is so difficult for most of the ladies here?

Now, coming to your question...I am an ordinary woman as far as expectations goes. Not like these ladies here seem to be very content not wanting materialistic gifts.

This is what I expect or rather my spouse does on my B'day:
    Wish me on my day, get me a simple gift (not an expensive one), come home early from office so we go to the temple in the evening and then dinner in my favorite restaurant.
    I always look out for a card, for my husband has the habit of giving a card with all touchy touchy words. :mrgreen:

BTW, may I know what made you ask this question? Are you looking out for ideas on what to ask your husband to buy for you on your B'day? If yes, let me know and I can give you a big list of things :wink: .

Malathy

8. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

I read this thread and thought - oh boy! am I the only one who expects something from my husband? Thanks Malathy! Now, I dont expect an expensive gift - but I do want my husband to put some thought into it - because I do put a lot of thought into his gifts. There will be no cooking by me on that day - that is for sure! I have to say that he has done well in picking out my gifts - like a couple of years ago - he got me tickets to see the Chiefs football game. (I am a big NFL fan!) and another time got me tickets to see the musical Mama Mia. So - I guess he has spoilt me a bit by giving me things that I like - hey it is his fault that I have expectations now!!:wink:

9. SupriyaDinesh

Hi,
    Actually today is my b'day.Since my childhood i like to get surprise gifts on that day.My friends usually made it a spl day.After marriage i do get gifts but they r not surprise gifts.My husband asks me beforehand what do i want for b'day?Its usually a gift something discussed and purchased rather than a surprise one.I have told him that i like surprise gifts but his attitude hasnt changed.so im used to that way.This year my b'day gift is Premier Wonder grinder.. :-D
    Thank u all for u r views.

Have a good day.

10. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Happy Birthday, Supriya!
    Enjoy your day!