1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Job,Kids and house:(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by akruti9, Apr 8, 2010.

1. akruti9

akruti9 Senior IL'ite

HI Guys,

I know I have been in this forum with the same problem before But I am not getting any solution for it. That's why I am again here. As told by all of you I have been applying and applying for jobs. Just a couple of days ago I got a call from Vendor saying that there might be an interview next day that's it I studied like hell to get through it and the next day morning that vendor calls and says that the position has been filled. I had first interview like after 2 years and like this. Regarding house we liked one and we were about to give the best offer but the owner backed out .
    And regarding kids we tried a lot this month and my periods were delay by 5 days I hoped something but got periods. I know my problems might seem to be very silly but since I got married and came to US. First I Thought of getting a good job, then a home and then kids. Initial years as soon as got EAd tried a lot for jobs Got fed up since I did not get any. If no job then no house so opted for kids since 2008, got conceived immediatley but had a miscarraige. then now real estate is down and trying to look for homes not getting any ....life is like if anything clicks out of these 3 I will be happy and which is not happening and on top of it Monster inlaws pressure.:(
    Today my DH and I had a fight in which my DH said that I am a mean person with mean menatality who doesn't take good care of inalws( the inlaws who have ordered me to cut contact with my parents) and I am jealous of others success becoz of which god is not giving me any job or kids or anything in life. I feel very bad. I am so depressed I feel like venting everything out here. Please help me friends. I am trying everything but it's my fate or what I don't know. everything seems to be getting into hands but not getting anything. I am so tired of life for the past 4 years it has been simply struggle struggle struggle without any result in anything. I am a girl who was brought up without a single drop of tear in my whole life and since marraige life has been like an ocean of tears in which I am drowning day by day:drowning. I am very much frustrated. I don't know what to do. Please help me out..........

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hello Akruthi,

Relax!! Don't get toomuch frustrated!
    Its life and you need to move on with its ups and downs too!
    Time is the only solution to solve anykind of issues. You are not in a mess definitely, its just your mentality making you frustrated.
    Be positive towards life, you can achieve good heights!
    All the very best!

3. mathanggi

mathanggi New IL'ite

Hello Akruti,

I feel you are stressing yourself too much...see you planned everything in order but its doesn't happen the way you wanted doesn't mean that you are a loser.
    I feel you are sympathic on yourself..Make your mind go with the situation..

Ok so you dint get a job doesn't mean you doesn't have talent or you are not going to get any in future.the same with the other two things you planned too.

These may be your dream but first according to situations plan everything again first always be cheerful.Leave aside you MIL,FIL who ever it may be...Develop a habit of being positive while talking to your husband.

you feel who have not got anything in your life you planned.May be at times you vent out these to ur hubby too ..so at when u both fight he is using the same words to you to hurt you thats it.

What ever it is he is no one else other than your own hubby so leave his words..Develop good confidence and tell him and you will surely get everything good in your life as till now you have got the best in ur life from ur parents till ur hubby.

God has some other plan for you may be who knows it.
    You will get everything good in ur life believe this or else no one can survive in this world.
    Hope this will surely help you.

4. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Hi Akruti,

I was in your situation few years back - not planning for job, house or kid. I mean the mind set. When I went for a counselling session the doctor explained me the way I think. I feel you are also in the same position. Let me explain you...

Few people build their whole life in ONE POINT. For example, for me it was my mom's love. I struggled hard to always score high in my school. The reason was to win my mom's love. But couldn't keep up the same in my college. So I started feeling...I lost a good career, then no one will respect me, then my mom won't love me....reasons were 100 in number. Similarly he asked me many questions but the final answer will be my mom..mom...mom. Then he explained me that it is something called "ONE POINT FOCUS" He didn't ask me to change my way of thinking but he asked me change that ONE POINT. My mom will never change and that is her attitude. Only thing I could possibly do is changing my focus. I did that and my life changed to some extent.

For you, it is JOB. Change your focus now. Do not think about house or kid or job. Relax...do what you enjoy doing. Are you happy in your family life [apart from your in-laws problems]? If you are happy, enjoy it. Or try to build your relationship with your DH. You can decide your new FOCUS. Slowly you will find peace. :)

Do not over stress yourself by applying for jobs. Just do it without any hopes.

Take care!

Drpreethis likes this.
  5. sansmomy

sansmomy Bronze IL'ite

Akruti,
    We (DH and me) were in similar situation few years back....all negatives from all sides...but we decded to hang on and fight back....Altimately we witnessed a blissful year in which ALL our problems were resolved at one go....it was no less than a miracle....

I am sure such miracle will happen with you as well...you just need to be patient till then and keep trying your best...

~S.

6. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Akruti bad times dont last forever... they just leave you stronger and you'll appreciate what you get now.
    Also bad times become so because your near and dear ones hurt you with their words & also you're vulnerable to them.. dont worry all shall start falling into place soon.

Please remain positive and keep trying.. dont loose hope.
    I've also had several instances in life where I was v close to something and then never got it however got a new angle of looking at goals & setting them.
    Best of luck for everything you're aiming at.. some people face hardships in early phases and some at later.

7. akruti9

akruti9 Senior IL'ite

HI Shilpa, Sansmommy,Mithy,Mathaangi and priya,

Thanks alot for all of your replies. yes I am happy in my married life except these 3 problems amd inlaws problems. But you knwo sometimes specialy maybe during PMS or what I don't know. I trigger like anything. I don't knwo how to control myself. Too much of anger, too much of sadness , too much of frustraion in life. Sometimes I feel I am leading a meaningless life.........I don't know what to do??????????

8. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Akruti,

If you don't do job, that doesn't mean you are leading a useless life. America is not in a position to give jobs. Do not worry about job. You will get one in future.

If you feel down due to PMS, only solution is taking good amount of rest.

Relax!!! :)

9. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Hi Akruti,

As many fellow friends have said enough to uplift you, let me not reiterate them in different words. But shall tell you just this one thing I do during PMS.

I give my DH a headsup about the monster's (PMS) arrival. :p
    I will tell him that my hormones are working overtime so stay away from me because I may not be me.

He also would tease me those days and say "oh! I better be careful !" It will put back my smile.. He would even go to the extent to warn my kid humorously, "Dai.. Jaakirathai da.. Unga ammakitta pogaathey.. " :rotfl (meaning: be careful, don't go near her)

May be you could try something similar to make your PMS as a joke and stay away from triggering talks..

Take it easy..

10. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Ok.. jokes apart,

Some ways to minimise PMS:
    - cut back your caffiene (causes mood swings)
    - increase your carb (increases seratonin - that boosts mood)
    - work out (3 times a week - ideal)
    - have green tea (helps me)
    - drink lot of water
    - minimise salt intake (salt retains water and causes bloating)

Be proactive:
    - avoid sensitive topics
    - keep yourself occupied in things you like to do
    - any negative thoughts put back in a diary and revisit after PMS - you will laugh at your 'concerns' most of the time
    - do not take big decisions at that time