1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

life sucks nowadays

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by poojaagar, Feb 22, 2010.

1. poojaagar

poojaagar Bronze IL'ite

hi friends,

i have already posted abt my life earlier, here im again,
    my in laws are visiting in a weeks time here and im totally confused abt my state, my hubby has totally changed as i told u earlier in my post.

he is more into calling them often and eager to know abt the preparations of coming and all that and everytime he calls im feeling like im losing something, i really donno whats happening with me,
    they r interferring ppl and i am scared how to manage things when they r here,
    and abt cooking i don think that she will take over but she will be very interferring, im like whether i do everything or leave it to others,
    pls suggest me some thing,
    and my hubby already very much influenced by them, so i donno whether i shd go to sight seeing with them and that too with a baby.

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Pooja

Instead of worrying about how your husband is behaving or whether to go or not to go...just go with the flow...be your best and do what you can...if they want to cook let them but be there to help them in kitchen. If they want to take rest and let you cook , check what they like and make it and serve.

Let the son and parents have good time during their visit. Dont worry you wont loose on your husband. Have faith on him and try to be busy with taking care of your kid or let your inlaws play with the kid and pass their time, so they wouldhave less time to bug you!

Just chill and dont think about the visit too much...be normal self.

3. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Like Srividya said..please be calm and that will be helpful.Although you might be not happy here are a few things to do.Because this is like giving exam..you have to do it to move on to the next phase in school.
    1. Get excited(pretend) and talk to husband about all plans.Its better to know everthing rather than feel leftout.
    2. Express concerns " when we go out it will be little difficult with nap time etc" and I am sure hubby will say..we will work around it.
    3. If you can hire someone for cooking at least....say that its because you want to spend more time with them and whenever anything special then You or MIL can make..everyday affair maid can do
    4. Take control..this sounds calculative byt this will help keep your sanity...
    Good Luck and try to enjoy your time...suggest lovingly to hubby that maybe you both can finally go on a date...

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Instead of getting paranoid, why not think broader and see them as your parents. Any parents would love to interfere in their kids life. Your parents would too right? Will you loose your sleep if they were to visit you? Don't you feel excited that your parents are visiting you and that is exactly what your husband might be feeling too?

Each time you get paranoid, think what you will do if they were your parents. Think what you are about to do is right or wrong. If you do this, I think you should be fine.

5. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Uh.... what? :confused2:

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Specifically what part of that line don't you understand :p

7. GiJoe

GiJoe Silver IL'ite

How many times a guy gets paranoid when his MIL or FIL visits his place it is a rare occurrence; because they view and treat their girl and SIL as their both eyes and we can definitely cannot expect that kind of attitude when the guys parents visit them; Married women don’t feel comfortable when their DH parents visit because there is no good relations between both parties so there are a few options here

Put up a fake smile and try to be happy even if they are mean.
    Address the underlying tensions and address it head on

Everyone’s parents are important to them but most of the times what you see in this forum is that the parents of the guy does not think about their kids welfare and only care about their personal ego and that ultimately leads to tension and heartburns so you have to choose between whether you are going to act, sacrifice or confront.

8. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi pooja,

Me too on the same page as you:cheers.My inlaws are visiting us soon and guess what im saying now "Life is beautiful,nowadays". You might be thinking that i love my inlaws and look forward to being with them. Then its a NO, dear. This is how i go about the whole thing.

They had many issues earlier with me and managed to keep me out of the family affairs since 7 years. I never complained but was very happy bcos life seemed to be good.Now they want to be here. :crazySo, im taking this as the best opportunity to show them that im happy, how well i manage my house and husband:biglaugh.
    Regarding cooking, im not the best cook in the world and definitely not the worst either. So what im cooking now, i would add 2 extra cups of rice for them. Regarding good taste, i dont bother if it doesnt taste like hotel. My attitude will be ' eat it or cook it yourself'. If she cooks then i will be more than happy to hand over the kitchen to her (like you) and go the gym for a workout:rotfl
    Regarding your worries abt losing hubby to them, i wud say its just insecurity. Many of us do have that but dont let that ruin your peace of mind and your baby. Now since you have a week's time, i would suggest you an exercise. This is called 'staying happy all the time'. Laugh,smile the whole day like crazy even at the silliest thing. If you cannot do it, go to youtube and look for some jokes/laughter challenge episodes:biglaugh. Smile,laugh and be merry. You will feel great. Think that hubby will become Mr.India (invisible) till your inlaws leave. Think that you are the boss of the house and grant you hubby a 'vaction' with them. Dont think that they are 3 (hubby and inlaws) and you are 2 (you,baby). Just focus on your baby's smile. Spend more time on positive aspects than thinking about it all the time.

So, dear think positive and everything will be positive.!!:thumbsupEnough of tension taken from them, now its time for tension giving.........thru your ATTITUDE.