1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things women say/do that hurt their husband?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ajain35, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Oh, not only do you bring those up, but you are pissed he does not remember them. Bravo! Have some mercy on us poor men, yaar!:help

I dont have to try hard to guess his answer Vidh. My answer (or anyone else's for that matter :))would have been the same prolly: 'WOOT, Bring it on' :cheers

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  2. Troubled7

Troubled7 Bronze IL'ite

It is so pathetic when you get answer which does not address the question.

This is like you point out one bad thing but instead of correcting it you justify that by pointing out other bad thing.

It is like a father asking kid why you did not do this or that? and most of the time kid answers even my brother did not do that. Now in kids it is ok - But again it does not answer the original question posed by father.

As much as your argument about penny pinching/money wasting husbands/males may be right - it really did not address the points raised by ajain35 atleast in this particular post.

It is like our politician who justify their own wrongdoings by pointing out others wrongdoing but never address their own wrongdoings.

Your answer is classic example of "Misguided Intelligence" - Unfortunately more and more seen in this forum.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

This is a very old thread. Even so, I suppose the topic is one which is always open to discussion. I agree with you that an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. However, it is not always possible to say that in a marriage one is purely a victim and one is purely an oppressor. Joys, sorrows and fights are always interrelated. For example if a woman goes to complain to her parents, it is because she probably does not feel she is treated as a member of the family or being treated fairly in her ILs house. She is also human. If she feels victimized for some reason, she might lash out and try to get her own back, because she is not going to get justice from anyone else. If she feels treated fairly, then she might to address her problems in another way.

The same holds true to an extent for a man who often times has his parents to stand up for him or his parents-in-law who feel "son-in-law can never be wrong". In any case, no man or no woman is an angel nor a devil with horns. Right and wrong doings could be dictated by many factors including or excluding those inflicted on each other mutually.

If a woman for instance says I did this, because you too do this, or because your parents did this to me and my parents, it is a simple case of taking revenge. Right or wrong, that is human mentality. It is unreasonable to imagine that a woman who feels wronged keeps quiet and keeps doing the right thing all the time just because two wrongs do not make a right. So the two cannot be disassociated.

2 people like this.
  4. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Yes my husband says this too. Evn though his isn't responsible for their actions, he can be responsible for bus own responses to those actions? Like standing up for wife. Inlaws saying something actually doesn't hurt. What hurts is the husband watching a d saying nothing.

3 people like this.
  5. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

A good topic for all the ILs..

Must know things for every girl.

My own list here:

1. Teaching them how to maintain the relationships
    2. Drawing the line for them with their parents - complaining about hubby;s side parents and relatives
    3. Not supporting DH when their Inlaws are not in sync.
    4. Not understanding timing constraints from their side.
    5. Advicing them :) - of course some times the mistake on them.. but it should not sound like an advice.
    6. comparing wealth between families and colleagues.
    7. not forgiving their mistakes - they want instant fogiving.. if not they feel that wives are always pessimistic and unforgiving.

6. shahidafs

shahidafs Silver IL'ite

7. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

ajain35,
    no point in asking 'Things women say/do that hurt their husband?'. I am sure most women won't delibrately hurt their spouse. May be you should ask this to the guys. After marriag everyone will have to change. you,your parents, the new girl.. etc. Your job will be to the most difficult. The act of balancing/buffer between loved ones. To be just and help them adjust to each other. Its nice to know that you are thinking about all this. Most guys are so unaware of these issues before marriage. good luck in finding your soulmate.

8. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Ajain,

Men expect a lot. They get hurt very easily. He(Husband) get hurt when wife doest keep the house well.
    He gets hurt when wife does not cook there fav dish.
    He gets hurt when wife did not call his parents on a daily/weekly basis.
    He gets hurt when she says back to his parents after baring all non scene from them for 1000 times and replies 1001 time.
    He gets hurt for all small reasons and still expects her to be perfect, to be with full of patience, forgiving blah blah blah.

He gets hurt when he is not respected (Never mind if he is giving respect back).
    He gets hurt if she is not silent when he is commenting her, or when he finds faults in her.

And he gets hurt when she shares her pain with her mother(her best friend).

So here comes a husbands expectation:

1. Women should bare all nonsense talk of inlaws and still keep calm and sweet with out even venting her pain with any one in the world.
    2. A women should work 24 hrs with out complaining or asking help and ofcourse she should not shout back as she is tired. She should always keep her smile on her face.
    3. She should manage the house with out wasting the money on what she thinks is imp for family and un imp for hubby (Husbands money, her hard earned money).

:bonk

As a unmarried Man you should think about how to make your wife happy and un hurted. And in response she will make you happy and unhurted.

If you treat your wife good with respect she will treat you as a king. If your parents treat her a daughter, she will treat them as her parents and even more.

She will never complain about your parents if they are treating her well.

A women is a sweet hearted person and will give you 1000 times more hapiness if you give 10%.

Sweety

5 people like this.
  9. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

sweetyk,

one more item....

He gets hurt, if you ask any question about finance or future investments (Typical answer is, I know what I am doing, you don't trust me).

1 person likes this.
  10. ajain35

ajain35 Senior IL'ite

Dear All,

I haven't visited this forum for quite a while and somehow this old thread started again and I had subscribed to this thread and I just remembered how much time I used to spend on this forum.

Let me put an update and request moderators to please close the thread. I am married now and have a 3 month old kid. I left US and returned to India and live with my parents. My wife is OK living with my parents and in fact has quite good understanding with my mom. (And, I hope it will continue.)

About this forum: I had learned quite a bit here but frankly speaking everyone's life is different and everyone's situation is different. When some member posts an issue, many on this forum get agitated on reading about the issue and post a reply which is more emotional than logical. Please me careful in posting on sensitive issue like relationships. You don't wanna be responsible for breaking others home.

Just because I am a man, doesn't make me a bad person. Please value the suggestion posted by a man on this forum. Anyway, there are quite a few of them.

Bbye,
    -AJ

1 person likes this.