1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wedding night gift from husband...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ShilpaMa, Oct 19, 2009.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Wanted to share on what all gifts ppl got on their first night from husband and what exactly were they expecting....

To start with mine... I got "Air tickets" and I was like ..OK so we're flying for our HM.. however the destination (within India) was not what we'd originally planned for... Like std gifts I was expecting for some piece of jewellery.. and was more than happy to know that we'll be flying out.

Finally he told me that we'll be starting our life in this city as we'll be joining new job there............... I cudn't believe it since his parents were dead against us going to other city where we incidently managed to bag MNC jobs during recessionary phase... and I'd lost all hopes a mnth back and no one had the courage to bring this topic back.
    Later only I realised had this gift not been there.. my ILs wud have driven me to either an asylum or court!!! which they still threat with...

2. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

lucky you shilpa :)

well, in my 4 yrs of courtship and 1 yr of married life with DH, i have not got any surprises/gifts from DH. even after EXPLICITLY ASKING him for one :(.

considering all this - i dint get anything on first night. it was spent in the hotel room of where we got married. nice 4 star hotel, but problem was we dint do anything that night due to tiredness. and he ended up taking me to HM to a place i TOLD HIM NOT to take me to. i was very sad/upset... but fine. no choice! i dint wanna start life with fights! my birthday was 25 days after our wedding and even for that he dint give any surprise/buy anything :(. he asked me what i wanted.. but there is no fun in that. though when i ask him, he has never refused me anything.. but i feel asking and getting is not the same..

3. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

I went in without expecting anything...I was dead tired that all I wanted was a gud nights sleep but DH surprised me with a diamond set...itz still the best of collection that I ever had...looks like he took his sis's help in buying it...i never ever thot he was capable of such romantic gifts :)

1 person likes this.
  4. mlk2009

mlk2009 Bronze IL'ite

I didnt get any gifts from DH for wedding night, are we supposed to get one ?
    But my cousins got a surprise cake to the suite and made us cut it. So thats the surprise gift I got.

5. snowshiva

snowshiva Senior IL'ite

i think i didnt give anything to my wife on the first night.
    i thought of taking something to her but could not able to do it...
    i gave myself to her as a gift..:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Aathi kaalathu dialogue LOL LOL LOL.. ippadi solli escape'a???

(It's an age old dialogue, people use ;-))

1 person likes this.
  7. sillygurl

sillygurl Senior IL'ite

Well, I didn't get anything on my wedding night from DH.He's not the surprise_gifts_guy anyway - so no worries:)

8. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

My DH and I went out before the wedding night and he bought me a black beads chain (what we say as nallapusalu) and in the night he also gifted a perfume which smelled so romantic :)

9. priya78

priya78 Bronze IL'ite

My gosh mine is very different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My DH came from US for our wedding he already bought a beautiful watch with Diamond stones embedded on it.Well after marriage just before the night my Minlaw asked whether he got gifts for me he couldn't hide so he told her and she asked him to get the watch and she tied it on my hand telling that what ever she gives will flourish 1000 times in future.I was schocked that was really suprising for me as the gift was bought by my DH as a surprise gift but tied by my Minlaw made it more suprising.:drowning
    FROM THAT DAY SHE FOLLOWED THAT RULE WHENEVER HE BUY SOMETHING SHE WILL GET FROM HIM AND GIVE IT TO ME
    DONT KNOW Y:confused2:

1 person likes this.
  10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

on my wedding night I got motorazor mobile phone :)