1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My First Valentines Day!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by akilarajaraman, Oct 14, 2009.

1. akilarajaraman

akilarajaraman Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends..

After having a heavy lunch i sat down to watch tv..suddenly memories of my first valentines day came rushing to my mind...cudnt stop smiling/blushing to myself..came running to pc to share it with my friends here..

I got married on Feb 19 2009..just few days after Valentines day...so my first valentines day was very special...n i remember every little thing we did on that day...rather every little thing HE did for me on that day!

My husband reached India for our wedding on 8th Feb... the day before val day my husband asked me to keep guessing whats in store for me the next day...

On Valentines day @ 9.00 AM he came to my place to pick me with a bouquet of red roses and a nice perfume...from that moment..i just went where he took me w/o knowing where i was being taken to..

Then he took me to a movie..then to a jewelery shop n got me a golden ring...then to murugan idli kadai for his fav idli..then to spencers to buy a saree for me..then to beach...then we went to le royal meridian for a candle-lit dinner! we had a wowieeee time :) he dropped me back home by 10 pm...we had such a nice time...

Go ahead share yr stories....

2. Orpi

Orpi New IL'ite

I have celebrated valentine's day all over my life.
    Before marriage, my first valentines day with a boyfriend (now my hubby) was in my 8th grade. Before we celebrated it, we were going out together for 10 months already. After the end of the school in the valentines day, he took me out to a cafe where we had a modest lunch together (his budget was very limited then). After that, we boarded a bus and traveled outside the city which was roughly 2 hours ride. Then we enjoyed the scenery for a long time and finally got back home at 9 p.m. I had to use the excuse that I was in a girl friend's house to my parents.

After my marriage, my first valentines day as a wife was 5 months after our marriage. My DH took me to a 5 star hotel for a lunch. Then we went for a long drive and again had a dinner at 5 star hotel. Then after the dinner he presented me with a lovely diamond necklace.

Those were indeed such wonderful days.....

3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

I had just entered this in the Floral contest for October ! Glad I could go more than 400 words here !! ;) I have used the same write up with lottts of addition !!

There was this boy who I met in 7th grade and we happen to be in the same class since 8th ! Well how we fell in love is another story and I have alread discussed it here .. so no boring stories of mine [​IMG] ! The truth is , I really dont know wether me & he were love of each others' lives, but I was damn sure then !! We had never spoken for 3years. I mean the enitre 8th- 10th class.. ( Like we would have sung duet had we spoken [​IMG] ! ) We happened to study college together too.. Yeah yeah just another 2 more years of SILENT MOVIE, I guess !

We reached final year of college.. The whole group of our classmates where very irritated [​IMG] with the both of us, because we were the only two morons who looked at each other endlessly the WHOLE DAY and didnt speak a word ! God ! Though I always take the first step in matters related to me, my friends asked me to BEHAVE LIKE A GIRL, HERE ! ( What ? Hello, HAVE A LOOK AT ME [​IMG]!! )

They decided they need to MAKE US TALK ( can you believe ) to each other, on Valentine's Day, the day every girl and boy in love need to be with each other no matter what ! There, I was on February 14th just went to college to attend an hour's special class of Botany ( My mommy must've been proud of her daughter ) We again stared fondly at each other ( Probably dancing a duet amidst Aizoaceae & Acanthaceae 's
    families!![​IMG] ) The class ended, & there came the MOMENT OF MY LIFE !! My heart pumped so fast..[​IMG] He came up and smiled
    like Salman Khan [​IMG]!! In my mind just kept saying ,Where is my rose?

I was sure of one thing, this boy will come up to me, give me a rose and run for his life ! Nothing more at all ! See, I knew him quite well just staring at his eyes you see ! ;)

He said he will walk me to the bus stop ( yeah, we cant get caught by lecturers , right ? ) We walked & walked like actors of National Award movie ! Finally he handed me few cards,.TAKE !
    Wow, how romantic [​IMG] ! He gives it to me like a notebook ! Anyways, the least I expected !! I was shy ! No I didnt draw any arc on the ground with my toe !

I still peeped at his bag ( I know how cheap of me ) , as he smiled and said FINISH ! ( huh? ) My smile broke !

You know I love you, right, he said ? Oh yeah, Mr.! I have been gaping back at you for the whole 5 years of my life too !

But, afterall it is the 1st LOVE CARD I have recieved in my life..I gave him my cards & said, thanks ! Oh, you'r welcome , he replied ! ( You are
    welcome, WTH [​IMG] )

Guess, only 2morons like us can fall in love ! God knew pretty well that only we two can handle each other, I suppose !

So, that was my first VALENTINE' s !! No roses, and a bunch of cards .. all hand written with cute words and heart shapes drawn all over the card !

But, my rose ! It ws in my mind all the time.. He made it up later in a party and managed to steal one rose from the place it was stuck on the curtain ( Yeah, yeah he can get pretty cheap too )

I still have the rose between a book ! It has been 14 years since then and my hubby looks at it and smiles at me thinking of him becoming a thief to give me THAT ROSE ! [​IMG]

4. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

5. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Preethi,

I asked you to explain this in flora contest thread and here you are.Interesting story indeed.:thumbsup

6. sonika1976

sonika1976 Junior IL'ite

Wow...

I am glad to hear stories like these where you end up marrying the one you loved in college. Its so exciting to marry your first love...Many people like me have had to bite the bullet by letting go :(

Didnt mean to make a happy memory dull for you guys but My first valentines days brings in mixed feelings.

It was perfect, I was 20, he was 23. He had his first job, I was still in college. So he had the urge to splurge. He came to my home and picked me up for a candle light dinner in an upscale restaurant. Having eaten mcdonalds before with him, this took me by surprise and was BIG for someone who have been classmates before.

He arrived in his beige maruti car and had a rose waiting for me. We went hand in hand in the restaurant and had dinner. He asked if he could kiss me and I said no. At the end, he made the effort to come upstairs and drop me back home. It was so sweet and pure. He gave me a teddy bear and a wonderful dinner and a night that will be one of my best cherished memories ever.

He is married now with his family. I am married with mine. I tried my best to forget him but i thinks its impossible. I still remember it like yesterday.

Thanks for giving me the oppurtunity to share with you all my first and best valentines day till date.

7. mlk2009

mlk2009 Bronze IL'ite

Awww Sonika thats sad ....

My first valentine's was with my hubby. We were married and after 6 months was valentines day. By that time, we had fought and fought and had no love or affection left. But still just for the sake of valentines day we went out for dinner.

Nothing romantic for me to report here :bonk sorry .. but thats my first valentines day.

8. indianlady1

indianlady1 New IL'ite

Preeti, lovely narration

Wow...First Valentine's Day...you would think a gal would remember..I spent the last 10mins trying to bring it from the realms of my brains
    Actually it was sweet. ... and I'm glad I remembered...
    My husband is big on giving gifts...I got a lovely chain with a heart shaped pendant...also gave a a teddy and a card...actually thinking of it.. he actually gives me a teddy for the most memorable days ...the first day we sneaked out after engagement..the first valentine..day of our lil one's birth :)

And on the first valentine's day I drove almost 10 miles from my inlaws place(much to the anger on my MIL to see her DIL drive alone for 10 miles) to get him an ipod..for a long time it was his fav gadget :)

9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

HI all,

i met my BF last year at the gym and we started dating from this year. From our first date he took me to top resturants and every weekend we were out on valentine week he presented me with swiss chocolates and cards he loves to gift me cards he still does and on valentines day he took me to my favourite chinese restaurant and presented me with a mobile phone it is SuperNova Nokia 7610, we had a great valentines together.
    I thik for me everyday is valentine for me because i meet him everyday at lunch and he will always gifr me something small like a card or a chocolate and from the day we have been dating he has always sent me a lovely good morning text everyday without fail.
    Oh on valentines day in the morning i received a huge bouquet of roses with a huge teddy bear, itwas delievered to my office and it had a card as well.
    On my birthday he took me to a newly opened thai restaurant and gifted me with tanzanite gemstone jewellery (the most expensive gemstone to get and it is expensive than diamond)
    But what i appreciate wbout him is that he loves me so much and i love him too.

love
    alpa:cheers

10. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

My first Valentines Daywith my lover boy (now DH) was 11 yrs back.. I was in my sweet 16 and life was a bed of roses then. we lived in a location where everyone knew everyone.. so we could not meet alone. It was 5 months since we started dating. We with a bunch of friends met in a restaurant at 7pm and had a leisure dinner. We sat in the corners of the table facing each other.. While all the friends were talking aloud and having fun, me and DH could not hear a word and couldnt take our eyes off! ohh god, even now as I write this my heart is thumping in and out remembering that! shy me :) We could actually talk just with our eyes!.. seriously it is true like shown in movies.. Now and then friends used to disturb us by coming literally in between our pair of eyes.. hmm our eye conversion used to pause for a moment and resume as soon as we get a chance. He gifted me a huge teddy bear with a lovely greeting card (with just his signature as if I asked for his autograph) He is not a man of words[​IMG] From that day, I used to sleep with my big teddy bear and it is still in good shape [​IMG]

On the first Valentines day after our wedding (3 yrs ago), I spent the whole day in labour ward and my DH holding my hand hearing me mourn and rant.. our LO was born at 7pm (the same time [​IMG]we met on our first ever valentines day).. Years back he gave me a teddy bear and I gave him back a real teddy!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009