1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday gift for Spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tweety, Dec 27, 2007.

1. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Burberry Mufflers - if he likes designer stuff he will like this and can use it in winter. :cheers

2. Divyashre

Divyashre New IL'ite

Gifts to Husband !!

Hi Ladies,

I had my B'day a couple of months ago and to my surprise, my husband planned a lot to surprise me and of course yes, he won as did give surprise to me by not really gifting anything [​IMG]and by just passing that day as another normal day though i di dnot expect that...lollll!!!!!!
    I agree that the same is the case with most of the married men and women But it is fine as long as the couple love each other.I got angry and hurted for a few hours , the next day of my B'day but with the surprises from my colleagues, i was back to normal and i somehow tried to bring myself back on track...

From then on, i have planned to gift him something or the other once in every month to make him understand how thrille dand jubilant it would be, if his beloved gifts him something.So to achieve this, i gifted him a watch which he liked most when we just went out for shopping and when he liked it but did not really feel like buying it though he admired it a lot. I thought i will catch on this and start giving him surprises.aND NOW I AM PLANNING TO CREATE THE LIST OF ITEMS TO BE GIFTED FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS as i am a person who always waits for a good deal . So the earlier i decide, the better deal i can choose or wait for !

Ladies, pls share your ideas on what to gift for DH and also your precious moments due to these surprises, if any !!!!

-Divya shree

3. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

I would always bake a cake for him and he loves it..

4. sonaparmar84

sonaparmar84 New IL'ite

My DH Birthday

My husband 's birthday is comming up, i m planning to gve some surprise could any one suggest me what should i do to make this birthday memorable
    Plz help me or guide me

Thank s i advance

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Re: My DH Birthday

Hi sonaparma84

I also plan for my hubby's birthday...the following are few of the plans i had made for his birthday

(1) This plan had brought so much of happiness on my DH's face..for this i myself gave a pat on my back...

Usually at my hubby's home,birthdays are not big events...its just like another day,maybe a little different than the usual day becoz of the new dress ...

But i had planned a surprise for him...wen he left for office,i just gifted him a card and a parker pen...
    after he left,i had planned a small treasure hunt at home with lot of notes which would lead to his gifts...also i decorated the house...i had also poured some glitters on the fan so tat if he switches it on,there would be glitter showers...

He came back in the eve...opened the door and saw the decorations...he was very happy and called me to say it was lovely...i tot by that time,he would have found all the treasures..but no..then he had switched on the fan(actually i had kept another greeting card with a stick note and that would start the treasure hunt...but asusual it got flopped..he dint see but just like tat switched on the fan....he again called me to express his happiness..again i tot he had completed the treasure hunt...then after tat he saw the fist note....but asusual ,he was not able to identify the item and called me to ask the answer...Grrrrr....he called me every 3-4 minutes and i kept on telling...at last i said that i had started from office and asked him to go inside the room and not to open till i say...i bought cake ,lit some flower music candles and called him out...he was so very happy to see the cake after all the surprises...
    but the party was not over...wen he was eating the cake,i went inside and came out with a Digital camera which wanted to buy since a loooong time....he really could not control his happiness and i received return gifts which contained tight hugs and kisses and said noo0ne had ever done somethin like tat in his life....but he again called each and everyone who were close to him and explained whatever had happened like a taperecorder...i could see his happiness and i felt very happy

but after the party got over,he asked me "wer had u kept all these gifts...did u buy and them yesterday or where did u hide all these"...
    i said "all gifts i was gathering for the past one month...i dint find any difficulty in hinding all these gifts...i had just kept them below ur wardrobe and other places wer u usually go inside the house...becoz i know u..i had guessed it right...even if i keep them in front of ur eyes,u would hardly pick that becoz most of the time u would be day dreamin.... "
    my husband started blushing..

(2)Next year,i had brought many gifts whose number was equal to his age ...i mean i had brought 24 gifts for his 24th birthday ...i had kept all the gifts before him and kept a musical candle and switched it on...wen he opened his eyes in the morning,he saw all the gifts and became very happy...Along with these gifts,i also had an extra gift to welcome his next age...i had ordered some roses and handed over to one of his collegue and asked him to give roses to all the staff in his office such that they had to go and wish my hubby with the rose....initially my DH was not able to understand who was givin him the roses ...after a few min,he easily found out that it was me...he called me and said he was very happy...that happiness i could easily get from his voice and felt very happy for making him happy

Hope u find my suggestions useful!!!!!!!

Have fun

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
    12 people like this.
  6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

That was quite romantic:)

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks amihere :)

8. sudharsiniram

sudharsiniram Silver IL'ite

Swaran , goood idea and romatic :)

9. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Swaran, so thoughtful of you, your hubby is so lucky :thumbsup

Here are some ideas:
    Decorate the house with all the party stuff, especially in the color that he likes.
    Bake a cake, make a sweet, nothing impresses him than a home made sweet or cake.
    Prepare all his favorite dishes(another thing to impress him best ;)
    Invite his close friends for a surprise cake cutting and gift something he has been wanting for quite sometime but hadnt brought so far, it is sure to take him by surprise!
    If you want the celebration to be between you two(no friends or anyone else),plan for a romantic candle light dinner.

Have fun :thumbsup

10. Firstdateever

Firstdateever New IL'ite

Love and Friendship

need some gift ideas for my love??

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010