1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday gift for Spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tweety, Dec 27, 2007.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks for the likes anurar20 Bow

2. sonigeorge

sonigeorge Senior IL'ite

I can c the way how much u love your husband.
    Its really good.
    I too got an idea of collecting signatures from relatives.
    U know my husband went to Newyork last year june month.His birthday fallls on october.his returning ticket was on december.
    I know that i cant giv him gift on his birthday.S what i did was. without his knowledge i prepared a handmade greeting card and ask his friend to to with him to newyork june itself.
    According to my plan his friend gave that card on his birthday date to his hand. and that makes my husband very happy. I thanked my husband's friend for keeping that card for four months.

1 person likes this.
  3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks for your likes and comment :)

and tat was a sweet thing you did by sending your hubby's gift well in advance
    i am sure your hubby would have been very happy :)

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the likes [FONT= ]Chaitanya [/FONT][FONT= ]preethibijoy [/FONT]

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hello All

Just wanted to update on the Bday gift i gave my hubby this year

I made chocolate cake for him,wait a minute i did not bake any cake,neither did i do a cooker cake...but then how??!!!

i made it out of CHOCOLATES ;-)

I was looking out for some gifts online and found chocolate bouquet..immediately i thought why not make a cake..?!!!....I formed cardboard box of different sizes ,stuck them one above the other and stuck chocolates around it and decorated with satin ribbons and flowers..actually we can make this in different shapes and patterns but since i did not find time,i made like this

Check out the image below to see my chocolate cake
    20140823_120237.jpg

Other than this,i ordered flying lanterns
    https://www.google.co.in/search?q=f...m0uASs7IHwCw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=899
    from excitinglives..

other than this i had ordered something that he wanted:: a mobile holder for his car from flipkart

So now the party!!! :party:

It was seriously very difficult to hide this cake out of his eyes this time because of its size..somehow managed..at 12 took out the cake and called him..he was like "you guys will never stop this?!!!" but then he was really surprised to see the cake..i asked him to cut,ahem i mean peel the cake but the he said he dint have the heart to break this..and since my LO was also sleeping,we thought we ll do the cake cutting in the morning..

After that i took out the flying lantern carton..actually had no idea how to do it..it had more restrictions than the fun it could give...heheh..and it was all like a sheet of paper so my hubby had no clue what it was??!!! and he kept asking...

So me,my hubby and BIL(i informed him what it was)stepped out the house(flat) at 12 AM and walked out of the flat premises and found a place where there was no buildings,trees immediately nearby(and to our surprise no light :-( ) and opened the lantern and arranged according to the instructions,lit it and within few minutes it was ready to fly and we let it loose..it was too too good..it went to such a height that it looked like a star...my hubby was so happy to see this..

After reaching home,i gifted him the mobile holder..

Next day morning we made my daughter and hubby cut the cake and lit the flying lantern with the whole family...this time we couldnt see the light properly as it was day time but since the lanterns were of different colours so it looked like a nice little hot air balloon and all were excited :-D

But this year i personally could not do more as we had just moved to a new city and i was not well for sometime and most important i did not have my 2 wheeler :bonk

But yes hubby was really happy and thats what is required na?!!!

And BTW,the total cost of all these was
    Sky lanterns 600+ mobile holder 750 + chcoclates 600 = Rs 1950

19 people like this.
  6. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

.. hats off to u for such innovative ideas

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks for your encouragement aabcii :)

8. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

That's a wonderful celebration Swaran...you are right...the smile on a dear one's face is what matters the most and really, you did a great job! May God bless your lovely home with happiness always.

1 person likes this.
  9. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful celebration swaran, I always loved your way of planning birthdays, personal touch in every birthday :)

1 person likes this.
  10. SwathiRamana

SwathiRamana Bronze IL'ite

Swaran...

Your ideas are cool...I will copy your lantern idea..

I would request you to share ideas for 4th anniversary, almost i have gifted lot of things in this thread..

Can you help me out with creative and innovative ideas and also i will be 6th month pregnant by that time...:)

Awaiting pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 person likes this.