1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday gift for Spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tweety, Dec 27, 2007.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies....
    I am back after a long time...just wanted to share the way i celebrated my DH's birthday this time...

Actually this year,on his birthday,he was not in town...had an important official training for which he had gone to gurgaon...
    but i seriously wanted to send something to him but dint get the address..cannot ask him too as he would understand the reason...
    so somehow got to know his trainig campus and through many friends tried to get the address/contact number...nothing worked till the last day...
    but then i somehow got an address from my DH's official mail(He had forwarded that some time back for some reason)....thank god i dint delete it...but then again i was not sure whether he would stay in that place and also whether they allow couriers there...
    but since i dint get any help,i thought that i would give it a try and send my gift...but then dint take risk and so i just sent few birthday cards and a kurta(even if doesnt reach,its fine :bonk).. but then it reached him 2 days before his b'day and he was so excited...i asked whether he was surprised..he said "IF you dont send me any gifts,that would be a surprise"hehhee...:bonk

But then this is not the end...i was thinking about t b'day surprise for him at home...i just executed it 2 days back(he had returned from his official trip on the same day)

Theme :: Birthday Celebration in Beach(But where is the beach in bangalore!!!!!)....

The idea was to bring a BeachSetup and celebrate DH's birthday in that...so tot of making this happen with projectors...tried a lot but dint get a proper person to make these arrangements...projectors, we will get for rent but then to set those things and all is out of my box,heheh that too when its a surprise and when DH is there(he ll find out)...so then contacted a Photo Studio a month before his birthday...this too was a difficult task as noone will accept for such small personalised party...my god to make that guy understand whats running on my head was tooooo much for me...but then thank god he understood...

so it was decided that he will take up the job... but then couldnt continue the plan...because of loads of office and home work and DD's tantrums and her eating probs and ofcourse DH's official trip...was not sure whether the plan will work out or not?!!!!

so somehow found some time again last tuesday and contacted that photo studio guy but then luck dint favour...that guy was not there...so had to wait till thursday...again could not meet and discusss on thursday too ...lot of obstacles.:rant..so saturday morning got an apppointment and went and met the guy...finalised the things and the video snaps(this was the highlight since the videos of beach at night,was something that is very rare)..also came to know that the whole surrounding cannot be converted to beach..2 reasons-Too costly and getting the beach videos(beach at night) for all sides too difficult....so then somehow made arrangements and told the guy to setup things on my neighbour's terrace...DH came at 5PM on saturday and suddenly asked me whether we could go to a nearby park and temple...flop for me ,i tot i ll personally go saying some shoping and get all things done.couldnt do that..:eek:mg....noone at home knows(full surprise)...so called my BIL,in a hurry told the plan and asked him to pay the cash and make the arrangements ..poor guy he would have undestood only 50%...hehee...so we went out and meanwhile all things happened...

My mobile kept ringing during our outing ad DH asked who..i somehow covered up the things and said "its BIL asking for some help"....couldnt get a cake with DH with me,so got sweets telling that my neighbour asked me to get for her..hehehe....the setup was half done when we reached home...the place where i had arranged is exactly oppsite to our house and so DH knew something was happening...he asked ...that aunty said "uncle has arranged some rain water harvesting and so people have come to see how it could be done "(what an :idea)..he believed but my BIL kept runing here and there and that too with speakers....DH was like.."whats happening..why is he running here and there and that too with speakers??"..we said that the girls in the neihbour's house wanted something..for that only..he then went to their house..those girls somehow called him inside and started telling some gossips...oooo i was so tensed as things were happening on their terrace..hehee...but then he started suspecting as he couldnt find my BIL in their house and asked whethe we are planning to do our DD's birthday and for that are we making soem setup....a little bit if blabbering happened and si he said "letme go up and see..looks like something else is happening,..why do you need speakers for rain water harvesting".....all of us made him sit and asked him not to move out...thank god my BIL came and said "things are done and we can come" ....phew..so then i went and got sweets,got candles...tied DH's eyes and took him up...he was like "what is happening"..then we lit the candle ,opened his eyes and sand "Happy Birthday"...meanwhile called al neighbours too...he was so surprised...he dint kow how to react...he asked "whats happening" ..i said "just a small surprise" and he was so excited ..my MIL too was very happy and praised me for making a celebration like this....DH said "i really donno what to say ...i never expected this..."he was so excited...hehhe

so day went well like that..i also gifted him a crystal photo frame(it was a photo that me and DH took in munnar).....so basicicallly on a single side,it was a setup of big projector and made a beach effect and sound effects ...that was my DH's b'day plan

Hope you all like it :)

Just to mention the cost(some of you might want to know)...the projector setup was 3500Rs and the crystal frame was 550Rs...

8 people like this.
  3. naanvetti

naanvetti Senior IL'ite

Wow swaran.. How could you think of such an idea.. I will use it sometime :)) if you can please do post some pics of the arrangement

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks dear naanvetti...thanks a lot for your compliments...adu room pottu yosipom..hahha...
    pics of arrangement..oho sorry dear...that i could not take,pics i have after the arrangement was made...basically the photo studio guy did the setup of projector ...and i couldnt go and look eventhough i wanted to do that...my DH was there...so couldnt go...
    i myself have not checked the pics yet...will check out and post the pics whichever is clear :)

5. sumathegreat

sumathegreat Silver IL'ite

Hello frn!! My husband gave a surprise to me on my birthday. We were not at the same place as i went for delivery to my hometown. My husband sent me Greeting card with my childhood pics on that!!! He sent me a mug with my naughty photos printed on that as our first anniversary gift.

6. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

swaran,it sounds fantastic..why cant you post the pictures of just the arrangement alone so that we get some idea..

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks for your compliments spuppala...actually i was not there when the photo studio guy did all the arrangements..hence was not able to take snaps:-(...
    will post some snaps of the party if possible :-D

8. sstha

sstha Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I need gift ideas for my hubby. This is his first birthday after our wedding.

Planning to buy a cake and cut midnight.
    I have booked a chopper ride over NY for 30 mins on his birthday.

His birthday is on October 16 , Sunday. I have plenty of time.

Give me some more ideas that would make his birthday memorable.

9. bjaya

bjaya New IL'ite

Hi Sstha.. Check out the gift given by UMS to her DH.. Oh God.. She is crazzy... You will love it.. try it..

10. priyaprasath

priyaprasath New IL'ite

Re: Need Gift ideas for my DH Birthday

Hi Tweety,
    U r so lucky that ur hubby's b'day is Jan 1st!!! It is the best time to show ur luv& affection towards him! For these days u may know what he likes the most? Whether that thing may be 'small' or 'big' it must be expressive ur luv, that u'll be there for him always! Make him happy that will bring u happiness!
    Luv
    priya