1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday gift for Spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tweety, Dec 27, 2007.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thansk dear

thanks dear...but i am lucky too :-D
    The idea u have given is wonderful...actually i had tot of the same for his birthday 2 years back but couldn't do becoz of time constraint

2. lollipop

lollipop Bronze IL'ite

You must have come to know his choices by now. Gift is a token of love and I am sure he will like to receive anything you offer him with love.:)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  3. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Swaran,

Thats very romantic and on birthday wat else husband would wish for. Happiness you have given him will be more valuable than the gifts :)

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thank u very much vsharma :thankyou2:

5. SriAnnapurna

SriAnnapurna New IL'ite

Mine is a different story altogether. My DH & I share the SAME BIRTHDAY!! :thumbsup So, no chance of surprises.. and our first bday after marriage is coming up.. I am baking a cake, but we are staying at a hotel that night.. so can't go ahead with any decorations.. home cooked meal too is not possible as we would be staying at hotel. I've already bought his gift, Any other suggestions? :idea

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi AnnaPurna
    A small suggestion....maybe u can try...
    i guess u ll be having dinner at the hotel wer u are planning to stay on ur birthday...u can call/visit the hotel some days before and order a cake and ask them to keep the cake and give a bouquet to ur husband wen u both dine or wen u make an order and in case they have an orchestra,u can ask them to sing happy birthday wen they hand over the flowers to ur hubby...i believe it would turn really romantic
    i had planned to do this for my DH some time before
    Hope u like my suggestion!!!!!!
    Enjoy...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    4 people like this.
  7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi All
    I am back with another birthday gift suggestion for ur spouse...
    today is my DH's birthday...
    2 days back was my DD's first birthday..since my DH was away from town for the past 1 month,i had to make all the arrangements...i had also arranged for my DH's gift...but i was telling him that "this time i dint have time to get u anyhin...next time i would def gift u"...he said ok, no probs...yesterday to add up to the spice ,i got some dresses for his birthday and gave him directly..he asked me"hey wat,u usually gimme some surprise gifts ,y is that this time u are givin me in advance"..i said "see i told u,i dint plan for any surprise this year...this is my gift for u"...he said ok but i could see that he was disappointed becoz every year i used to surprise him with my gifts...later in the night,i woke him up...i ll just brief abt my gift...actually it took me tot of time to get this gift done not becoz it is difficult but nobody wanted to take this job,...i had to visit a lot of people to get this gift done...but am very happy since it came out very well
    I made a big banner of our family photo(which included me,DH and my DD)...size 6 feet by 4 feet...then i gave that to a shop who sells cardboard and plywoods..asked him to paste the bannre onto a similar sized cardboard,then asked him to cut it into squares size each of 1 feet...so totally i got 24 pieces...packed and gave it him...can u guess what this is?
    It was a big size JIGSAW PUZZLE...

woke my hubby at 2 AM(actually i tot of 12 but slept :-D)...gave him this box..actualy i arranged these 24 pieces into a box form(6 sides..each side 4 pieces...he never understood wat it was...then i showed him and asked him to arrange...after he completed the puzzle...he was tooo happy and asked me"eppadi nee idellam yosikare"(from where do u get these ideas)..other than this,i gifted a new watch and a greeting card...DH was very happy and said " i am very lucky..." and hugged me tight and also gave return gifts ;-)
    He called his mom and dad in the morning and showed the gifts i gave and said "see see my wife gave me this tat"...like a small boy...i could see lot of happiness on his face and i became very happy...

Chocolatey, Marzipan, muthu21 and 7 others like this.
  8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

I forgot to mention the gift i gave DH for our first anniversary..i personally felt this would be an ideal gift for loved ones

I made a notebook(with think colorful sheets joined by spiral binding)...wrote a story as if its abt a guy and a gal(me and DH),our likes,dislikes,how we entered the world of luv,our story till then...stuck both of our childhood pics,school and college pics..wrote our luv story...stuck lot of glitter stuffs,the stuffs that i had collected before marriage like bus tickets,chochlate wrappers,love band given by him etc etc and gifted him...
    My DH was very happy...
    I had planned to update the story book every few months but now able to rgt now becoz of our busyyyyyyyyyy life with DD...

3 people like this.
  9. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Re: Love and Friendship

Hi,

last year was my hubby's first b'day (after our marriage)... I gifted him a long photo frame at sharp 12'o Clock.. it included photos from his 1yr to marriage..i gathered photos from his different stages.. All photos r in Black and White colour...He was shocked and surprised lot... Then i arranged a cab, v went to an Orphanage ( fully mentally disabled children)... i arranged launch for them.. v both r served to all children and distributed chocos... My husband don't know about these arrangements... He fully satisfied... then Eveng. v went to his Favorite temple...

His second b'day will come this mth end... but i am not yet plan anything..

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

wow so many wonderful ideas :) keep going girls... thanks a bunch for sharing them...