1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

early days of married life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by devikanthi, Apr 13, 2007.

1. devikanthi

devikanthi Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I just got an idea and thought to share with u all. Most of our ladies are married in this forum so how it would be if we share our experiences of early days of our married life. It may be even funny incidents or little sacrifices we have done to our partners or may be they have done for us. Because by remembering all those things once again I think we will have a good time even with our husbands too. So that we can make them remember all those again. I am new to this forum and I dont know whether anybody got this thought before me or not if anybody does please excuse me for posting this.

Now coming to my experience there was one such incident to tell u all...........

Just after 3 days of our marriage we went to attend a relative's marriage. There the videographer was my husbands friend. I dont know what happened but throughout the marriage I was looking at my husband and he was looking at me and we were talking in silence with our looks. And the videographer who was supposed to shoot the marriage, he shooted both of us. He made a casette of that with all romantic songs filled in it and with a note saying
    " When u came for marriage pls attend it instead of seeing your wife 110 times and smiling 96 times at her (the numbers were his imagination)" and wish u both love each other the same way throughout your life, all the best".

We enjoyed his casette a lot and still we watch it whenever we are free..

So friends I hope u enjoyed my experience and hope to get some of yours

Thank you,
    dev.

10 people like this.

2. tru1

tru1 Senior IL'ite

What a sweet gift.....I bet you two will cherish that forever...Lovely story Indeed.
    thanks for sharing.

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    Good that you started this thread. It is very important to remember sweet memories and keep going in the life.
    When I got married, myself and my husband used to talk so much that my in-laws were so jealous of us. They used to tease my husband and scold too ... in tamil, but I didn't understand anything what they are telling.
    My husband used to simply say, they are teasing us.
    Now we don't have anything to talk at all other than daily routines and about kids, where as initial days we had tons of things to talk until midnight.

Thanks,
    Punitha

2 people like this.
  4. devikanthi

devikanthi Senior IL'ite

Thanks Puneetha and true (I dont know ur name)
    But I thought I will be getting lots of responses but till now no one turned up except u but still I am waiting for everybody's experiences.

5. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi early days of marriage,

Wow what happened???!!!, wondering and pondering what all we went through, we had both happy experiences and bitter experiences. Dont want to bore you with my bitter experiences let me share my happy ones alone.

As our engagement was over 6 months prior to our marriage, we know each other well and I learnt all that he liked and disliked in cooking. He loves stuffed Brinjal and that is the only dish he likes which is prepared using Brinjal and people in my in-laws call it Ennai Kathrikai. But my parents call it stuffed Kathrikai and moreover it is not so relished food in my house as my mother is alergic to brinjals. But from time to time she does it for me and my father. So after marriage he said he is bringing in 2 of his marriage that sunday and I am to make ennai kathrikai (according to me ennai kathrikai means cutting it into thin slices and frying it which my husband hates like anything as they resemble leech). I got the Brinjals cooked a very good meal of Rawa Payasam, Vengaya Sambar, Rasam, Thayir Pachadi and some pappads too. They all came home hungry and all the other two relished the food but my husband was looking at me with great anger and he didnot even touch the brinjal whcih made me confused. When they left he burst out saying I asked you to make Ennai Kathrikai but you have made fried Kathrikai which I dont like what is this? If you dont know to do it you could have told me I wouldnt have asked you to do it.

I realised what he was talking about only after giving a call to my MIL. Till now he will first enquire me whenever he buys Brinjal whether I am going to make ennai kathrikai or fried. But now as our daughter relishes it he too eats it for her.

6. manisha13

manisha13 New IL'ite

hi ilites
    I was just going through indusladies,and found this thread,its a nice idea to cherish all those early memories,so thought to start it again.
    well,when i got married, obviously, was not very much familiar with all the relatives of my in-laws.
    usually at the family gatherings, i would touch the feet of elders(to take blessings). sometimes i would do that 2-3 times by mistake,and this would happen especially with old 'grannies' ,and they would tell me with a smile on their face that i had already done that, and i would give them a smile too,with a feeling as if i have made a fool of myself :confused2: , and make sure that in future i try to remember their faces!!!!ha...ha...ha:)
    manisha

1 person likes this.
  7. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Wow!! I had plenty of stories of early times.. But this one stands out...
    After marriage we have got my FIL's all siblings(3 brothers, 2 sisters mostly in age group of 65-85 years) ) staying longer for a week. We thought of spending that week with them and then going to honeymoon. Which was wonderful idea.. From beginning I have been very outgoing and talkative person.. I am usually liked instantly by most of the elders.. So that vibe in me struck with those all. All 7 days... they kept telling my husband... What a choice.. U hv scanned a lot of gals to get this gem.. :) Which was flattering..

My FIL's Eldest Bro , who is almost 85 years old grew very fond of me.. He would tell me his youth's stories.. when he had few mills and an oil refinery under his belt.. He would tell me long long stories.. I would listen with so much interest that he wont let me go to sleep after lunch with my husband.. He will tell him... u go munnaa.. let her be here.. I have to talk to her.. ha ha.:mrgreen:
    My poor hubby.. used to have looooong face while going back to sleep alone in afternoon.. And he would try to scheme my mind to skip Tayaji's long stories.. But I was all too sure to strike a good chord with all of them. So I wont listen either..
    Once my MIL came in evening asking to him.. What he would like for dinner.. When he s at home.. its the custom that he decides the menu.. I found it very sweet of MIL to ask him even now.. He told a long list.. and then he resumed what he was telling to me.. there were two more sisters of my FIL sitting there in near by sofas. I was sitting near tayaji on the same bed, he was lying down.. My MIL asked us to go to kitchen to help her in cooking the dinner.. Can you guess what tayaji said.. He said.. U all go ..let ria be here.. I want to talk to her... :mrgreen:
    My MIL was so pleasently amazed.. She told me later.. that all these 40 years she has always been terrified with tayaji..to even speak a line to him.. leave sitting on same bed he s lying down.. But to me ..he had forgone all the rules he had for Bahuuuus.. she was so happy that he liked me so much..
    She was like we were little skeptical to call him for marriage since ours was inter-cast marriage. But now she feels very relieved and happy for his son's choice..
    I am lucky to be part of a family who loved me from day one.. Sometimes i feel my in-laws love me more than my hubby does. And wonder is.. my hubby also feels that they love me more than him.. :yes: and he gets jealous at times....

1 person likes this.
  8. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey everybody

great to read all the funny, amusing and touching experiences you all have described. i wud also like to add that we shud also discuss and respond on the other's experience intead of reading it and without commenting on it we straitaway start writing ours !!!

i think Devikanthi's is really really sweet... and Rajmiarun urs is very funny. Punitha urs are are naughty...Manisha urs is cute tooo... and Ria urs is touching yaar.

Well the incident i'm goin to describe here is not actually in the early marriage days... its before marriage... when we were engaged... My husband (then fiance) was returning from an official trip abroad... so first his flight was supposed to land in Delhi (where i used to stay) and then from there on he was supposed to catch his flight to Lucknow (his parents house), after almost 3 hours... so what happened was, when he landed he did not have a Cell phone. he did have indian currency but dint have coins enuf to call me... he did manage to get a few coins from here and there, so he called me it was already 3 in the nite and i woke up all excited to talk to him and stuff... but then ppl around started to bother him asking him that they too have to make calls and how long is he goin to take... we both were getting irritated, as obviously we cudnt think of anything except talking at that time... It so happened that ppl around him were getting cranky and left to go try somewhere else and at the same time he ran out of coins... and suddenly the call got disconnected...

Ohh that was so hard and i felt terrible... that we dint even say bye or anything and the call just abruptly got disc... so what i did was I just called the same number i had recieved call from... and in the mean time he also got a few coins from a shop nearby... when i called... he Coincidently picked up the same phone to actually call me and there i heard his voice... ohh my god... that was strange... (they actually put the ringer volume on 0 so that nobody can call or recieve the call from that phone).:)

So we talked and talked, until it was time for him to board...

~Abha

1 person likes this.
  9. manisha13

manisha13 New IL'ite

hi ria
    reading ur side's story reminds me kind of a same thing,as i was also very much praised by all the elders in hubby's family.
    my hubby's grandad is like ur 'tayaji', he would tell me his long stories,also would tell me that he likes me,my etiquettes,my values,would always praise me as i was doing so much of household work,very active and sometimes my hubby or someone else would call me in the middle as they would think that he will go on and on.
    But i really used to feel flattened......
    manisha

1 person likes this.
  10. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi ILs,

wonderful thread its nice to share experience of life everyone has got different experience but Ria really lucky to get such wonderful family and sweet memories. i am north indian married to north indian but they have andhra background all traditions even eating habits. so it was difficult to adjust in starting moreover when u don't understand their language everyone speaks telugu. my marriage was done within four months since we met for first time , it was an arranged marriage. when my husband said yes to marry me i was shocked that he has gone mad, actually when i saw him i never expected a yes bcoz he is very fair and i am a bit dark. i was totally confused till i got married to him, but after marriage i realised this is my family who accepted me with love and care, but this was my MIL and husbands attitude my SIL and FIL never liked me. but they praise my cooking and if anything goes wrong they will consult me. when we got married we used to communicate in english. I took three months time to learn their telugu culture and cooking but i learned and adjusted now my husband's friend think i am also a telugu. i got alot of love from my MIL she taught me so many things with lot of patience and never got tired of teaching me whatever i asked daily she used to wait for me for breakfast and lunch as my husband will not be with me at that time. things have gone wrong somewhere trying to bring it back to normal condition. i am still enjoying life with husband but some part is missing.

bye
    padma

1 person likes this.