1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best and Worst qualities od YOURSELF AND YOUR SPOUSE

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shakambari, Jun 24, 2009.

1. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,

We are experts in listing out the negative qualities of our spouse and glorifying our good qualities...

Shall we lake an unbiased stand and list out a few of our best and worst qualities?

2. abibaby

abibaby Silver IL'ite

Hi Shakambari,

My husband's best qualities are his helping tendency, the way he treats his subordinates at office, his deiva bhakthi, his love towards his parents and lots more. I think I have to explore more about him since we are married for the past one and a half years only.

His worst quality is his short temper . Sometimes he sees people around him according to his parent's views ie...if they say positive things about a person, he will be good to them and vice versa.

My best quality , I think only others can say.

My worst quality, as I have mentioned in another thread, is my short temper.I also have this habit of worrying for certain things and making other people to worry for me, thereby spoiling their peace of mind.

regards,
    kirthiga

3. shakambari

Krithiga , Thanx for the fb.

My husbands best quality- relentlessly hard working...

worst- Defending the wrongs of my inlaws knowing fully well that what they did is socially,morally and legally wrong.

Mine- best(as far as I know) ready to shoulder responsibilities

Worst- short temper

4. mlk2009

mlk2009 Bronze IL'ite

Best Qualities :
    Mine - Patience, Positive always, Friendly, funny
    HUbby - Disciplined, Tidy, Good at heart, gentleman

Worst Qualities:
    Mine - Hasty, Stubborn, Tomboyish
    Hubby - Lethargic, stubborn, chavinistic

5. tiyamommy

tiyamommy New IL'ite

Good intitiation, can now start thinking on working on the -ves listed..

DH's good qualities : humorous, jovial, passionate abt anything he does
    DH's bad qualities : driven by other's opinion( meaning takes to believe everything what others say, except me :( ) and stubborn abt his opinions once he makes them, short tempered, cannot differentiate/judge between good n bad..

My good qualities: jovial, rise quickly to normalcy once im out of sight of a bad event, respect everybody's views n opinions
    My bad qualites : short tempered, earlier could not control myself from being gun shot frank ( these days mastering silence), cannot forgive until person in question realises his/her mistake, lazy at times

cheers
    tiyamommy

6. supriyaakp

supriyaakp Bronze IL'ite

Nice topic shakambari,
    Best qualities:
    My DH: Humorous, hard-working,jovial, helping tendency,pessimistic.
    Mine: Friendly nature, adjustable,tidy.

Worst qualities:
    My DH : Believe everyone(especially to my MIL) and help them, feeling after realizing their true faces.
    Mine: Short-short-short tempered, negative-thinking.

7. Suhasini123

Suhasini123 Senior IL'ite

Wow... what a nice initiation... Thanks Shakambari.... My DH's best qualities: His patience, tolarence, sincerity, respect to others (including both parents/relatives and friends), passion to help his friends (sometimes he forgets that he is married and needs to spend more times with me.... but still I count this as a good habbit), lots of love and affection towards me, he treats me like a small kid, specially when I am sick he cares me a lot etc........ Bad qualities: Short temper, ignorance of things, lots of believes in horoscopes, too much of respect to his parents (so he adjusts and wants me to bear his mom's talks at times), do not make quick decisions when there is a need, and finally I don't like his sleeping habbits i.e he wakes up too early in the morning (5 am) and sleeps at 8pm - which I don't like but don't know how to change his childhood habbit....Other than these silly probs, he is a gem... I love him a lot.... My best qualities: I can adjust with worst situations, a good supporter to my DH's career and life (I help him a lot to find career oppertunities, sacrifice a lot for his personal developments etc... and he too appriciates for me), a good financial supporter, listens to my DH for whatever he decides (just to make him happy) and adjust with his life time plans and decisions purely because of his love (i just can't say no when he tells something to me about family planning or constructions as he understands me a lot which indirectly makes me to understand and adjust with him). Bad qualities: short temper, shout a lot and do not know what I speak when I am pissed off, can't cook homely vegitarian foods as we rarely eat veggies at home (i am christian and brought up in abroad most of the times), I do not sleep until mid night so I used to bugg hubby when he wanted to sleep early, also I could not wake up early in the morning, so I rarely make morning tea for him (or delays his tea.....), but I am improving a lot and will surely change for him soon:) and my list goes on and on................!!!!!!

8. shakambari

Hello Friends,

Wow...

So happy to see such lovely feed backs and an added icing on the cake...

5-STAR rating for our thread :thankyou2:

Abibaby,Mlk,Tiyamommy,Supriya&suhasini....

Your posts are so full of positive energy and reaffirms the good qualities in

us -when I thought just 1 best and worst quality will be listed ,I am really overjoyed

to see a good no. of them listed by each one...

While the best qualities vouches for the goodness in us

the worst do not reek of bitterness or smack of perversion or disgust...

Even the negative ones reaffirm the innocence and simplcity and trustful and gullible nature in us...

I am so happy to see nobody has mentioned abusive nature, betraying tendancy or dishonesty

as the worst quality in their spouse...

I think -the worst we can see in us is a very short temper (and that hopefully should be short-lived too)

So we are not that bad after all...

Thank u once again

and flood our thread with more fbs...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  9. mrsfrank

mrsfrank New IL'ite

Hi All

Best Qualities
    Mine: Caring, Affectionate, Sensitive to the needs of the family, Honest, Straightforward, Generous, Loyal, Intelligent
    Hubby : Ambitious, Systematic, Loyal, Loving, Intelligent, Hard working

Worst Qualities
    Mine : Short temper, Lazy, Self doubting, Too frank, Sometimes jealous, calculative
    Hubby : Short temper, secretive, non communicative, non expressive, dominating and chauvinistic

10. viveka

viveka Senior IL'ite

Hi friends!
    our best qualities:
    DH: academically brilliant (can still teach kids core concepts in physics, maths and chem engg out of his head), cool, collected, caring dad/husband/son, good sense of humor, dedicated professional (colleagues and peers worship him), vv hard working, super duper cook.
    mine: friendly, can find something to talk to anyone, ability to organise anything anywhere, give unconditional support to family, DH and the kids, not afraid to change career tracks/happy to be driver mom if i cant find a job at his current station, maintain a beautiful, spotless, squeaky clean home.

worst:
    DH: at times brutally critical (doesnt believe in complimenting wife and kids for their achievements), always forgets to cover food with the lids at the table if he finishes first, leaves a wet towel on the bed after his bath every single day (in all our 25 years of marriage), doesnt talk much to anyone
    mine: totally impatient and major short fuse (though, as a lifelong promise to myself, never fought with my mil or DH), can flare up at the kids in a millisecond (work in progress, have improved from microsecond to milli :) ), hate routine cooking and have dished out some pathetic meals in my lifetime (of late, have seen marked improvement, like in the past 10years??), easily influenced by "expert opinions", get bored easily, chatterbox-need people to listen to and talk to...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009