1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What does marriage mean to you??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Shanvy, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

thanks.

quite true. and i read about your courting and eyeing dh from the age of 13...great one.:thumbsup. I know one more couple who courted from 14/15 and are married with a 10 year old son.

great. i and veda used to have great arguments and tu tu main main in the office and then cups of coffee after office..
    even me or veda...thought he was joking when he said shall we get married..Big LaughBig Laugh
    hey, definitely can understand. touchwood.
    yes. because before marriage you tend to see only what you want to see..
    Yes. everybody needs a breathing space.you don't suffocate anybody..
    Definitely never sacrifice self respect for anything but at the same time leave the ego at the doorsteps...
    I love it. i am dating long distance..my telephone bills are witness to that...:rotfl

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

suma,

Quite true. it is definitely a beautiful journey. i can understand what you mean you being there for the other half for better or for worse.
    i had written a poem on the same lines some time back...

Definitely true, and there are few examples here itself..

That is great trust..god bless..but don't take the risk...Big Laugh

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Padma, thanks for coming in here..and telling us the secret from your own experience...
    Definitely joy of discovering each other is more in arranged, but not less in love marriage, because as i said previously most of us keep our minds closed to the flaws, as we want to see only the good things about the person you love..(that is why love is called blind Big Laugh:idea)

Being a person in your own right is a great advice, and i got the same advice with a twist, that my children are individuals in their own right and i had to treat them as individuals even when they were toddlers.....well guarding our individuality and self respect is a lesson very much needed in life for every person.

Defintely. Some body said, the success of a marriage is measured when you understand what the spouse is saying even before she/he speaks..
    :bowdown to a encouraging husband.

thats a great one...:thumbsup:cheers

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

definitely gowri it is a learning curve. lot of us would be having all the ingredients of a successful marriage, but we would be doing a simple mistake somewhere..and when we are in the learning mode we can rectify..

thanks. talking about it from my very own experiences.

good one. :cheers

5. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthi...

very nice topic indeed needed discussion too.....

I feel wedding is something accept each other as we are and never try to change ... so that you can really enjoy the real happiness of your wedding life...ours is love cum arranged inter religion wedding.. if this jan comes it will be 5 yrs and we still follow our own religion.... we have our own space and i always feel only one thing everyday in your life is your wedding day... even though its going to be 5 yrs our love has become matured, moulded, and growning day by day over these years (touchwood)...

i second all dpreethis and latha's thoughts.. they have told everything what i wanted to tell...

i wish and pray i wanted to my DH, lovable mom, sweet mil, fil, mom, siblings etc in my next birth also...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  6. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Hey Thank You, Shanti and Latha !! :)

7. sumasandeep

sumasandeep Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanthi Didi :)

Thank u for ur FB :) Don't worry I won't take the risk of jumping off my terrace:rotfl.

Bye...catch u soon

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hahaha, i am a silent observer of this forum too..could not resist posting..
    have your laugh. oops is holding hands is taboo for married couples..did not know...:hide:
    thanks for the vote on the positiveness of the thread.
    After meeting your dh i and veda concur you are more gifted and as for the reverse we are still discussing...Big Laugh
    Absolutely. there was a quote in a book i read long back..leave your office tension at the door step, your ego before you enter your bedroom..some wise person...
    thanks for coming here..will answer the next post separately as it is a different tangent.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

That was a sound advice from your mom and dad. these days many parents forget the advice they were given as newly married..they tend to see most of the problems of their child with rose tinted glasses..

patience, nurturing are two things that is needed for all relationships. but this is one relationship that is not a blood one, so maybe we tend to be sceptical most of the time me thinks...
    (I don't see many people finding faults with the daughter,sons, father and mothers)
    Treat them as you would treat your parents.and if it is the inlaws, treat the new sil/dil as your own..but the initial stages are the tricky ones...and has to be done with more caution as most of the time, there are predetermined thoughts and predetermined notions.
    No sorry here. each of us has a right to give our opinion. what is right for you may or may not be right for the other, and the vice versa..

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Great going here. it is definitely needed. you don't change certain routines just because you are older, you have older kids and greater responsibilities.
    you need to keep the spark charged always ....:thumbsup