1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have your husband ever slapped on you?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Neem, Sep 30, 2008.

1. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

vasumathy.. are you joking??? if i am blessed with a son in my future, he would never, ever, ever raise his hand on a woman, let alone his wife..

men and women need to respect each other and yourself.. i am not sure if you have a daughter but do you want your daughter thinking this is the way of life.. if her husband is not happy, she can be beaten?!?! or your son, that it will be ok to hit a woman.. and if the woman she marries gets him arrested for abuse, his life is ruined.. if not for yourself, think of the role model you are to your children or your future children.. take care of yourself..

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

thanks Mangai for the informtion, but where is she?

Nandhu,
    Her remarks made me wonder in those lines..

sriniketan

3. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

"My husband slapped me so many times whnever i say some faults about my in laws, but i feel nothing wrong in that." ??? Are you kidding me? You have got a wrong idea about what is right & wrong in a marriage! If he loves you a lot, then he wouldn't hit you!

Keshavkutts..... How could he, that too when you were pregnant? I could understand if you hit him, considering the fact that you were the one carrying & having the mood swings.... Or was it him... carrying & mood swings!Big Laugh

Saheli..... I totally agree with you....If you don't stop the first time, they get the liberty of doing it regularly & manage to escape everything.

Shrutiv..... You hubby should have known better than to even hit you once.....

Mrs. V & Saheli...... I agree with your thoughts about how this influences a childs thought process. Now-a-days, Children are very good in mimicing & getting ideas without asking anything .

:) Personally, this has not happened to me.... Unfortunately, my cousin s-i-l, had to face this.... It started 3months after her wedding (she eloped) & bore it all for 7 years. She finally managed to run away to her mother's house, as she was in her hometown. In all the years gone by, not once did she confide in anyone - her mother or her elder sister or her aunt. Later when she was asked to why she kept quiet, she told that everytime he promised he wouldn't do it the next time. We all were so furious to know about thisRant.... I mean how could someone take it for 7 years????? I really think that even if you ever face anything like this, then you must share it with someone. :hide: I know it's a sensitive matter, but only if you share your problem, will someone be able to help you out.

My m-i-l too was a victim of this.... a drunk abusive hubby. Back in those days I guess women didn't have any choice...Either Bear it or Leave him. If you leave him, you maternal extended family would have to make up reasons for the many unsatisfied questions & face the stigma, hence it was easier to bear it all. But now, with her 3 sons by her side, my f-i-l can't even dare to say anything to her. He taunts her when she's alone in the house. Thankfully, he hasn't raised a finger at her in recent times.:bowdown
    More grateful, that none of the sons have not observed the same ideology of "How to treat a woman - Dad's pointers"Big Laugh.

Be brave ladies - We have a stong following now!

4. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Where is vasumathy? waiting for her reply.
    Uma

5. Chitra29

Chitra29 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

hi Neem,

It happened some 19 years back. my daughter was 6 months
    old then. I don't remember exactly why or on which matter the argument started. My husband couldn't control himself and slapped
    me.I didn't expect this from him. In a fit of fury I hit him twice.:thumbsup
    He stunned and went off somewhere out. He returned back and apologised for whatever had happened. That's the end and he never tried to hit me
    again. I think I've stopped the abuse in the begginning itself.:cheers
    regards.
    chitra.

6. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra
    Jus gr8. I wanted to give this type of reply for every husband who beats his wife.
    Uma

7. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

This reminds me...
    Around 3 months bk when all at home were trying to wean my daughter off BF, I was so annoyed at my little one crying for feed at night. My MIL had to take over the place next to her in the middle of the night. Me and my hubb had to go to the other room. I was so furious about things that I just started shouting at my DH. He is one who hates to be disturbed when he is sleepy... started shouting bk. Slowly we started hitting each other (i dont know who started, but it must hv been me - my hubb wouldn't know to try different 'varieties' of fights). not just normal ones.. but with ones that probably sounded like a typical Indian masala movie fight from outside the room. we didn't even notice that the room was not closed. and finally there we find my FIL standing outside and asking us what was wrong. thankfully it was my DH who had his hands raised at that point of time. Next day when everything cooled down, me and my hubb had a hearty laugh. So yes, the answer to this question - my hubb has slapped me. and I have slapped him too.

8. kolli143

kolli143 Senior IL'ite

Hitting someone is barbarious and unacceptable behavior. My husband knows that would be the last of his married life if he hits me.

Yes Vasumati sounds like a man to me.

9. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends

I dont know, wehter to tell the truth or something else, yes, this is such a sensitive topic, and i felt only very few have answered, and iam reading this from the beginning, and want to share something from my side

I too VERY STRONGLY AND VERY SEVERELY object DH hitting/ slapping their betterhalf, and once, even i have undergonme that, yes, my DH too slapped me , when i slapped my kid, when he was 3yeras old, he cant digest that, iam hitting my little son , hahahah, i hit my son and my DH hits me - ofcourse iam wrong at that situation, since i hit my little one very badly and that makes my DH tohit me, so i excused him

second time, he hit me when we wre arguing very badly, that time, i burst out and shouted at thim, that this shld be the last time and he have no right to do this to me and RantRantRant like anything

FRIENDS, whether you all accept or not, this is happening in all families, whether the female is educated or uneducated, rich or poor irrespective of all these , they have been hit by their DH , all my friends, who possess profesional degree, earning in lakhs, holding high cadre in their jobs, equally contributing to house, managing houe very efficiently .etc.etc...................but still being slapped by their DH , do u know the rason behind that MALE CHAVANISM and nothing else , and sometimes they cant digest that, if the female earn more than them or got some prmotion in their job.........dont think, all of them keep quiet, they too :bowdown:bowdown them back etc etc, one of my friend used to give him back very nicely ..........

I too second you all that, if we dont stop it in the first time, they will take it for granted and continue doing the same , we shld never give that chance to them

And, on preve saturday, when i went to park my car in one residential area , i saw a lady running and coming out of the house crying and a man chasing her and catch her abd BEAT HER LIKE AYTHING CONTINUSLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD , OMG , my bod started shivering, my BP shoot up and got tensed to the core, i get out of the car and SHOUTED AT HIM TO LEVE HER OR OTHERWISE I WILL CALL THE POLICE , DO U KNOW, HE STARTED SHOUTING AT ME USING ALLLLLL VERY BAD AND ABSUIVE WORDS ..............and he stopped beater her and lady run somewhere and i went inside the car and locked it and watch him, but he didnt stop cursing me - but I CANT CONTROL MY ANGER TOWARDS THIS INCIDENT, I FEEL LIKE I SHLD DO SOMETHING FOR THESE FEMALE , ut iam helpess

TELL ME FRIENDS, actually i thought of writing seprare thread for this, i really want to know IS THERE IS ANYTHING IN OUR COUNTRY LIKE 911 IN USA , where we can complaint, is there is anybody who will really take care of this matter and do something good to stop this kind of behaviour and take some serious action, sorry friends, i dont beelive with our police , aprat from police dept, is there is any ASSOCIATION / SPECIAL LAW for this.............

I really want to find solution for this, since we are educated people, so we teach our men , some times we may hit them back or make them realize , but those POOR UNEDUCATED FEMALE daily daily they get nice beating from the male person of their family irrespective of age

10. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Hi to all,
    initial days of marriage itself i told my hubby if he beats me thatz all....becoz i heard my aunties,my mil,grandmas,everyone got slapped in olden days....my hubby's grandpa used to beat his wife & kick in her hip from kitchen to hall(he was very famous ayurvedic DR,he was the Dr for kanchi saint) RantRantRant,that too that house is very big,atleast it'll take 5 mins to come from kitchen to hall,that much of big size that house....after hearing all this,i told my hubby if he beats me i'll defl'y call the police i don't need animal in the name of hubby....those who is beating his wife is not considered as male....from that day onwards till now(touchwood) he'll not beat me,infact iam the one who beats him often poor guyBig Laugh just for fun it won't hurt him for sure:kiss....

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008