1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Problem faced by below poverty line people

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sindmani, Feb 13, 2016.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

My maid was beaten is the thread I wrote here. The same maid was again tortured by her husband. Later last month committed suicide. I came to know this 2 days back only. Her relatives themselves are telling it was just a dh and dw fight. where as every one knows the truth is her hubby tortured her. That fellow her hubby ran away to his native. If I saw him I will definitely file a complaint against him for domestic violence. I don't know if I can get justice for her. Just a vent

2. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

you can vent here but dont do anything.

2 people like this.
  3. Justanotherwife

Justanotherwife IL Hall of Fame

May her soul Rest in Peace. Feel sorry for her. @Iamagoodgirl is right, don't get involved.

1 person likes this.
  4. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Suicide is not a solution for any problem, she should have filed a complaint against him or left him simply....her life was more important than her H's torture.....

2 people like this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Their life is tough.Guys drink to get over the tough life and take it out on the hapless wife and children,Woman can't do that either.The drinking ,hitting is more acceptable in that strata and women are expected to bear.Sometime doing this seems far easier .
    RIP poor woman.

4 people like this.
  6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

My maid was just 18 years old. Though she has lots of tortures ,she always comes well dressed in old churidars. She has a 3 year old daughter too. I don't know if justice can be gotten for her. I will do as per u all say. I won't file complaint. But my conscience is killing me

7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Can you contact an NGO and ask them to take up her case? They would at least try to ensure the safety of her daughter.

1 person likes this.
  8. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Sorry but i feel more sorry for the kid.
    I know , understand and can relate to fights and torture but all i can say is before taking such a step , she should i have thought about the innocent kid and her future.
    Its okay to leave the person who is torturing her and live her life with kid than ending her life and making kids life miserable now

9. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I know what you are trying to say; it's perfectly sensible.
    However, if this young woman was really just 18 with a 3 year old (!), then she was almost a child herself, married at 14. Impulsivity and poor decision-making are common traits among teenagers.

10. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Yeah. She was a teenager. Just because she had a baby we cannot expect her to behave more maturely.

I know you must be feeling that you should do something to get her just, but you will only get your fingers burnt from doing this. There is no guarantee of the justice.

Why don't you do something for the kid. Like take some clothes/gits etc. Pay for the school fees in future. Pay for whatever you can for the kid right now. Does it sound ok?

1 person likes this.