1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life does not get easier, you get stronger

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by iyerviji, Feb 11, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

This post is in reply to @Rihana's and @maya9876 feedback to my thread , which made me write this snippet.

Everyone in IL mostly know about me and my life.

The perfect guy is not the one who has the most money or the most handsome one you will meet . He is the one who knows how to make you smile and will take care of you each and every day until the end of time.

When I was young I did not know this and I though luxurious life is what we need in life because most of my friends were leading luxurious life and I had hifi friends only. So as a young girl I also wanted a handsome guy with a well furnished house and what not. This was in the early stage but as I neared 30 years and my brother was in the look out of a suitable person for me I was ready to marry a person who is already married too because I did not want to be a burden to my brother

I never knew that my husband was staying in a chal, after marriage only I came to know . When I entered the house for Palum pazham then only I knew. While entering the colony where the chal was everyone was standing outside to see us. I was so surprised because I never knew I have to live in a chal. All my friends were staying in a flat and I felt low. My brother did not see all this , he only saw that the guy to whom I am getting married is a nice person and whether he will look after me till the end. He had hope in my husband that with the salary of myself and my husband he will soon shift to a flat. But it took five years for us to shift to a flat as my brother in law and my husband's two nephews were staying with us. When they got a good job then only they shifted and we came to a flat.

In my house I have never seen gents in the kitchen so was surprised when my brother in law, two nephews everyone in the kitchen. But then I got used to it. They were all expert in cooking and they knew that I wont come in their way during cooking. I adjusted with them and we used to have a nice time. During my first delivery they only used to make the dishes which a person who has delivered has. My brothe rin law used to make and my nephews or my husband's niece who was also with us and married to my brother was staying as she was pregnant. She also used to help in cooking and look after me like a mother.

I was in a chal where up there was no ceiling but stones and a glass in the middle from where sunshine rays used to come inside which was troublesome during my delivery. But I adjusted because of the love and care shown by my brother in law, two nephews and my husband's niece cum my sister in law. The men even used to look after my daughter very nicely and they were all very fond of her. When she was born I felt why a son was nor born but my brother in law was very happy and went and told everyone in the chal a cute baby girl is born.

I used to think my friends wont come to see me in the chal but my friends were fond of me so they all visited my house. I used to feel odd to call my friends at home because there was not much furniture in the house. When I came there was only pettis and no cupboard. I was given 100 rupees from office as a gift which they give everyone and also got 500 rs from my office colleagues and others. So bought a cupboard, an easy chair and a table and chair from that money. Those days everyone used to contribute Rs.10 or Rs.25 only.

Our house used to be always open and closed only during the night. Money used to be kept in the beginning in God's stand and later after buying a cupboard only in the cupboard. In the evenings before I could be back dinner used to be ready made by the men in the house and when my sis in law was there she used to cook. She used to take good care of me though she was also pregnant. She only used to take care of my daughter as her own daughter.

My son was also born when I was in the chal and after he was born only one uncle of mine told about a flat which we got for pagdi and then we shifted to a flat. By then my brother in law also shifted and the nephews too and niece had gone back to my brother's house in Patna after her daughter was born.

This is my life journey in a chal

4 people like this.

2. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijji Maa,

As usual another good one from you.

I 100% agree with your statement Life does not get easier, We get stronger.....

Thanks for sharing with us.

3. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijimma,
    I really like the title of your posts, they are perfect life quotes. your narration was so good that I was imagining the same in my head. Not only your husband is a gem, even your family members are great people. Thanks for the honest post.

4 people like this.
  4. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

WOW....What a positive post...:)
    You really taught a lesson to all of us of today's time that 'Money can't buy happiness and peace'
    really inspiring.

Please Keep writing

2 people like this.
  5. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji
    What a positive person you are. well written, and well lived!

2 people like this.
  6. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,

You have written the truth and you have written in a nice way.

Thanks,
    Vaidehi

1 person likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji, Meri Pyari Viji, a heart-warming snippet, and thank you. As always, soothing to read it, and well described.

Kintu, parantu, but but but: if food is ready before one returns from work, and menfolk enter kitchen willingly, and do not make it a disaster zone... the fabled adjusting becomes teeny tiny bit easier?

I am honestly envious. No wonder you look younger than some of us do in 30's and 40's. :tongue I mean - opening the fridge and looking at the vegetables, and the vegetables looking back questioningly at the fridge-opener - pick me, pick me, pick me... gives wrinkles a lot.....

A well-known quote apt for this snippet:
    "A woman is like a tea-bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt.

8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Nice honest and heart warming write up . A living example of contentment, less desires , gratitude, cheerfulness and what not - just chinna chinna aasai (dil hai badha magar choti si aasha) and above all beautiful acceptance of life. Any book knowledge will not bring this sense of fulfillment

3 people like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dang! I see OP online. :hide: I thought nighty-night would have happened already. :)

Viji, did you travel by bus or train or both? Did you have friends among the regular commuters?

1 person likes this.
  10. Justanotherwife

Justanotherwife IL Hall of Fame

Vijima :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown so truly blessed you are and so nicely you put it in such a positive way. Feeling blessed for just having the opportunity to interact with you like this on a daily basis.

1 person likes this.