1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband does not want me to go to my mothers house

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ria84, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Ria84

Ria84 Bronze IL'ite

My parents stay in the same town. My 2 siblings settlef out of country. So my parents stay alone. I visit my parents one day every week. My husband says I shouldn't visit my parents often. That his house is my house and my parents house is not my house now. I love my parents, am too attached to them. I had a fight with him. Am crying while writing this. My in-laws too stay with me, they are nice people, but sometimes act passive aggressive. Is it soo wrong to visit my parents?

2. srevdya

srevdya New IL'ite

not at all, it is not wrong. First dont cry and be patience be strong. try to explain what you think about to go to ur parents home, express your feelings with ur husband nicely, dont be shout, hope he will understand, first you will ask him for go once in 15 days. let him ask about when will go , will come back to home. do that initially,

3. whitedaisy

whitedaisy Bronze IL'ite

Don't cry. Try to convince him, tell him that you are also missing him when you visit them. how about inviting him along with you?
    once and while invite your parents to your home and in-laws to your parents home.

If nothing works, may be you need to answer back strongly. Tell him that they are old, and you siblings are in other country, so you will go. and just inform him and go.

4. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

If you feel like visiting your parents, you should. You are lucky to have them around. But don't make it a long stay initially. Also, show him that its good to have them around..like leave your kids(if you already have) with your parents and go out for movie with your H.
    If you are newly married, then yes, you will feel like visiting them,but this phase won't stay long as you will get busy with other stuff.

5. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

no its not wrong.are you newly married?Initially husbands get possessive of their wives.

6. kimmy

kimmy Bronze IL'ite

Looks like your husband wants to impose this rule on you because you are a woman. U have all rights to visit your parents and you should. He is lucky to live with his parents and see them daily and you should have the freedom to visit them atleast once a week.

This whole theory of "once the girl is married she belongs to the boy's familg " is not relevant now. Its very chauvinistic and sexist. Your parents have the same love and affection on u like his parents have on her.