1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent..Need Help!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sf123, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Sf123

Sf123 New IL'ite

my husband is on h1b visa..Im on H4 visa..Im planning to bring my father nxt year to here USA (on april/may month)..we didnt apply for his visitor visa yet..if he wants to travel on may 2016 ,when he supposed to apply for visitor visa &interview? smetime before his intended travel date or can he go sometime nxt mon itself and get visa ?...will be get stamped for 6 months period from the date of interview? can I book flight ticket earlier before he gets visa..bcoz last min booking might take high fare..please help me out..

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

He can apply for the visa right away. The visa should be valid for at least one year from the date of issue, however that will be known only when he actualky gets it.The duration of stay i.e 6 months or less is decided by the immigration officer when he enters the US. I would wait to make sure he gets the visa before buying tickets, or get refundable tickets.

3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Yes, u can send ur father for visa interview now, don't need to wait till he plan to travel. Buy tickets after he gets visa.
    I think for my parents tourist visa given with 10 years validity with multiple entry. ( stamped on passport)

Usually officer at usa entry , gives 6 months permission to stay for an year. but ithe officer can decide and give it for less months also.