1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Extramarital affairs

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by umasridharan, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saddestiny

saddestiny Bronze IL'ite

I think extra-marital affairs are happening as by products of fast life and adopting some Western culture. In our parents generation they did'nt have all these clubs or pubs and other social hangout places. So also people would see it as a taboo if a married woman/man talked too much to each other in public or otherwise. So they had some automatic social restrictions which they had to comply to. More over things like sex and such were not discussed so freely and openly. Nowadays ask a 13year old and they will give you more information than you knew at 25 !
    Also life has become global with so many countries opening up opportunities. Men and women of all ages go out and work. Most women are also trying to be independent. Thus there is more freedom and liberation from societal obligations or pressures. A wife or husband who has an unhealthy marriage do not mind these days, to explore possibilities or escape mechanisms to find outside entertainment. Eventually that turns out to be an Extra-marital affair. Dating also has become normal part of culture which used to not be there. Love marriages are on the rise too. Young people have more freedom and less family restrictions these days. So the attitudes have changed and thus brought about such things as affairs.

So yes, these affairs are more on the rise and its not due to movies. Its due to people's thinking and attitude that everything is alright, why should we compromise? Lot of youngsters lack the patience to re-work their marriage vows, sometimes they are bored as to what to do. Either the wife packed on pounds or the husband has the spare tyre, whichever one it is, they may lose attraction for each other. Also on emotional level, each becomes more unavailable once kids and other duties pour in. So also some sense of detachment from the partner and marriage itself.

Although movies are a part of life, I still think more young people are doing this because it is an escape from real life.

But I still do think vast majority of us have a normal healthy happy marriage.

Its just that these things are being more openly discussed everywhere, in media, magazines, movies, etc. etc.

2. nithyadavidson

nithyadavidson Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Just as saddestiny mention I believe all these are due to the fast life and adopting some Western culture. But even in past people had illegal relationships which were not know to the society.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  3. simom

simom New IL'ite

Dear IndusLadies hi!:)
    This I m writing about the extra marital affairs in India. All most all the threads i read were from women ( gr8 women of India). You all are condemning such affairs and i found this good. Many of you are saying that problems r their in every marriage, indeed true. I want to ask a question.
    If a man is in extra marital affair you will suspect his wife n will suggest her to find out what is wrong with her which made her husband seek other woman.
    If a wife is in extra marital affair and she is because her husband is not just to her or he himself is in affairs, still you will blame her that why couldn't she find some other way to get out of her problems. You will tell her to be patient, to think positive, to pray to God, to make changes in herself n in her life style so that her husband comes back to her.
    This shows that women is the only responsible person to break or make a home, but than you will only call her weaker sex. She has all the responsibilities but no rights. Why so?
    I must say, Sadly this attitude of people (even women) add more n more pain in the lives of such victims and they suffer:drowning.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. sarma

sarma Senior IL'ite

Among men, I have hardly heard the blame put on the spouse for the man's affair. We always assume that it's the guy who strayed cuz he couldn't keep the zipper up!

Yes, when I heard women talk about a man's affair the conversation did bring up the woman at times. ironic!

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Guys you do know that this is a 4 year old thread, yeah???

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Nandu!! Am closing this old thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.