1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bday Wishes

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Bliss9, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Bliss9

Bliss9 Senior IL'ite

Hi dear ILites,

Coming straight to the thing that is bugging me from quite some time. On my birthday, husband did not wish me at all. We stay together in the same house. My family members , parents, in laws wished me though. He wishes all his friends, family on their birthdays.

I don't know how to take this gesture. Am I being too selfish to expect wishes from the man whom I am married to?

I know that there might be many other women who had faced the same situation as mine. So wanted to know what do you do when your spouse do not wish you on your birthday.

PS: His birthday is coming soon. I am planning to reciprocate what he did with me. Do you think if that make him realize the pain he gave?

2. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Celebrate his b'day ... plan for a surprise. Make it a memorable day for him.

He will realize ...

1 person likes this.
  3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Did he is ore your birthday? If something like that happens I suggest you tackle it the and three wih humour. You could say, "oy! I'm waiting for my lover boy's wishes and cuddle." to diffuse the situation. Tell him clearly you'd like to go for a celebratory dinner etc.

Now for his birthday, don't go over the top. Be casual and well mannered. Just wish him and ask if he'd like to go out or something. Ignoring it just blows up this trivial pettiness to a whole new level.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jas8085

Jas8085 Gold IL'ite

my husband barely wishes me. Thats the max he does on his own. I remind him 1 day before telling him i want flowers. He brings them. Both of us are happy. Not everyone is like Shahrukh Khan in Karan Johar's films right??

1 person likes this.
  5. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

tough i understand ur situation but still it is very common..take it easy.
    all hubbies are same leaving few as exceptional. BTW its how many years now that u r married. if few then u need extra counselling ..if its many u will calm down urself after few days gigglingsmiley
    just kidding dear to change ur mood.

anyways i also feel u should celebrate his birthday well and let him feel guilty. but if next year he does same...girl u need to act maturedly and reciprocate same

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Take his wallet and buy yourself something really expensive(a diamond:-D).Tell him you want to help him remember the date next time.

3 people like this.
  7. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

I know how much it hurts when everyone except the person u really want to wish, doesn't wish you.

My whole day was spoilt on new year, when my husband wished everyone on phone and didn't bothered to wish me. Actually we had a fight a day before.

This pain will go after a few days. I also recommend that you celebrate his birthday and plan ahead everything. Simply don't forget to mention just once that you also had expected this from him on your birthday. Don't elongate it. Just one sentence.

If not much, to some extent he will realize.

1 person likes this.
  8. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

No, you are not selfish in expecting wishes from him, it is important to remember & celebrate birthdays & other occasions as these things bring joy to our life.

1 person likes this.
  9. docathome

docathome Gold IL'ite

Why don't you just talk it out with him? Tel him that you expected him to atleast wish you n you were hurt cos he ignored ur bday.. See what he has to say.. Discuss what you expected and If he says that he doesn't think bday is anything special then you also don't bother bout his bday but atleast wish him.. Basic courtesy which you would do to anyone else..

1 person likes this.
  10. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

agree with guesshoo... I would have done the same thing.. go hug him and say "happy birthday to meeee "..

but the sinister me.. would go ahead and say .. "you remember that guy XXXXX from my collage... I was surprised to see him wish me on my birthday ... sooo very sweet of him to remember. some day I should catch up with him over a cup of coffee"

1 person likes this.