1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

am not happy :(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by BDivya, Sep 3, 2015.

1. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I feel that my h is not at all romantic t me. We r married for 3 yrs now.. we have a 1yr old baby. Initially few days after marriage he was taking me out n making me happy but once his mom started telling that wen we go for movies in eve she started saying that for night dinner she needs my help.. we r in a joint family.. me , h, mil,fil,bil,co-sis..big family..
    So wen his mom started saying he stopped from taking me to movies.. so I had to nag him to take me to movies and take me out .. nowadays he doesn’t take me out anytime.. he doesn’t buy me any gifts..nothing.. even if I ask him to buy me a dairy milk while coming back frm offc he doesn’t.. :(
    Nowadays we go out only dor my sons vaccination or any other doctor related stuff for my son.. I know that he s scared that if hhe takes me out his mom might say something n lead t a fight.. mil n my relation r not good.. in my inlaws place my relation with all except h is not good… and the reason is not me..

Really I crave /die to go out with him romantically by holding his hands n roam around city in his bike… but he doesn’t.. today in my offc one gal same of my age..she also has 1 baby 2 yrs.. but difference is she is not in a joint family.. she said that this week end she went out with her h.. n did shopping ate out and had fun.. she said that her h forced to take dress even she din want to.. really after hearing this I wanted to go out same like this with my h.. so I called n told him..n he started accusing me saying he s not happy in his home coz of me only.. the probs I have created with mil n others.. he says I only created all probs… n he said that wen he is not happy how can he take me out .. he said his family peace n his went coz f me.. :(
    N wen I said u should take me out..then he said – ok I will take u out..thats all u want rught? He said as if im the bad one who craves for such things n he s putting these things to me as if to a beggar.. like –chi idhu dane venum unakku.. like insulting n throwing wish to a beggar..
    This is not how I wanted to go out.. I wanted to go out with him romantically by holding his hands n talking nicely..

Really broken.. this is not the first time..wenever I ask him to take me out this is how he responds n I end up crying or fighting..

Reason: he thinks all the probs in inlaws house r coz f me n his parents r not happy coz f me.. which is not true.. instead they have made my life hell. Like from beginning his mom kept on saying something or the other n made him fight with me.. n that’s how my relation with h spoilt.. n now coz of all this even for a small wish (aasai) of mine to h he doesn’t honour that…n blames me for everything…really wen I think my life is like this I always cry badly… ::(:( :(
    Pls ladies heplp help me out…

Pls give me some suggestions on how to strengthen my bond with h..and how to make him b romantic towards me…

1 person likes this.

2. sing

sing Silver IL'ite

#1 by not taking you out, is it true your bond with your husband weakens?
    Take this idea out of your mind. Just that men are like that. Accept it.

Solution :
    What is it that he wants from you and you give it so easily?
    With hold it, then he'll understand that he's not gratifying something you feel important but he doesn't.

4 people like this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Before marrying, one can assess if a partner is like minded (even though, even in such cases, it can change down the years).

Some people are a certain way. We cannot "change" another person, change is something we can only do to our own self, and re-focus on other things.
    After doing 'arranged marriage' without fully assessing the type of a person, and then claiming a person is this way and that way, and I want to change that person - is usually not too successful.

And stop comparing our life with another person's life. Comparisons is a guaranteed problem area.

3 people like this.
  4. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Dear op,

You had written a 2+ posts on your inlaws thats your MIL and Co-sis grouse that you go to work and not participating in the house work equally with them.Although you tell a lot about the incidents and the behavior of your dh& MIL ,you fail to tell us

1.who benefits by your salary?you contribute anything to the house hold or your dh enjoys it or you hold on to it.

2.Do you leave your 1 year old with them while you go for office and make both the MIL and Co-sis?

3.Your dh is the traditional kanjus who like to have the cake and eat it too by holding on to the joint family setup to reduce the expenses by stressing the whole household? who in turn go all out of the way against you to pressurize you to go separate?

Instead of trying to complain about who does what or why they dont like you ....,try to solve the root of the problem.If the share of money is giving a benefit then i doubt whether they may have anything to complain.Leaving the child in thier care is frustrating them they cant complain directly .....again they could only fight with you for other reasons.

1 person likes this.
  5. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

OP..

You have the answer in your post. Your H is not happy. That is your root cause.
    When one is not happy..they cannot pretend everything is normal.

Try to sort this issue out first.

3 people like this.
  6. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

1. my salary is saved/emis.. all my salary is handled by h.. his salary (a major part) goes to family i.e. gives to fil.. I don have any issues with my slary.. coz he s a person who thinks f fututre n saves money ..

2. yes i leave my son at home. i have arranged for a maid exclusively only for my son.. she stays till 6 pm n after that till i come back 1 hour mil/co-sis takes care..

3. i din understand ur 3rd point.. pls explain..

7. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

@pear : u r right i had written more than 2+ posts in inlaws forum.. so to tell u all.. im satyin in inlwas house with so many ppl but except for my son i have no one to count on.. all try to hurt me in every possible way.. my dh , he s sometimes nice to me n many times listens to his mom n fumes at me or directly talks in favour of her infront of everybody showing me wrong and accusing me of the thing which mil points to..
    he s too scared that his mom n dad might stop talking t him n think that he s listening to me..a small face reaction from mil n fil he immediately gets tensed n mil takes this oppurtuninty to make him yell/scold/accuse me for all things saying im responsible..and only iam..

do u think if i feel that y cant i live a happy life jus like my colleague is wrong???
    is it wrong to wish that my h doesnt behave like other h's...? if he s atleast1% romantic/nice/and stop listening to his mom.. to me then i would not have compared..

8. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

i asked to him this also.. he says if his parents stay happy by me and my reactions and my behaviour towards them then he would automatically b happy..because he says then there would b no prob in the family n i would b happy..

but i don think his parents would ever b haappy with me..day by day they tend to find more faults with me n try to put a bad dil image of me n compare me to co-sis n treat her with so much of love n irritate me by saying things infront m=f me about her nicely n indirectly saying that ur the only one whom we like..
    these kind of actions naturally draws me away from them..n this thing they r doing right after my marriage till now..n thats y i don like them n try to stay away from them n speak less t them..
    in this situation how will they speak nice abt me to him n how will i satisfy them n get my h b nice t me???

9. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

Hi OP,

it is wrong ( or rather emotionally unhealthy) for you to compare your life with others...reason - you are already unhappy why do you want to add to your unhappiness by comparing?

You cannot make your H or his parents happy when you are unhappy. So it becomes a never ending cycle. You can only make yourself happy by not being emotionally dependent on your H

2 people like this.
  10. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

@CuteCancer: thank u.. ok i will not compare!