1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriages are Made in Heaven.. Is it True?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by docathome, Aug 21, 2015.

1. docathome

docathome Gold IL'ite

Do you believe marriages are made in heaven? Was your marriage with your husband something you think was destined or just happened? I believe in this saying n iv seen it umpteen no of times around me too..This is my story.. Do u have one too?

I had been through a bitter experience wherein an alliance which was almost settled was unceremoniously dropped n I felt very cheated cos both of us had been speaking to each other for sometime.. Soon after I joined the hospital where this guy was working cos it had already been decided n even had to work with him for a short period during my internship.. So overall I wasn't the happiest person around but it passed n I moved onto my other postings..

During one of my postings I met my future husband who was doing his PG.. He was a really
    nice guy to work with n was very decent but nothing more happened.. My posting got over n I moved on to another dept..finally my internship ended n I was to leave in a week.. We were having a discussion in the ladies hostel bout future plans n it came up that my parents were on the lookout for alliances.. One of my new friends who was very different from me in many aspects, said she knew someone I would completely suit n she had wanted to get her sister married to him but it dint workout. She mentioned this guy n I said I knew him n he was a nice guy n all but nothing more had happened when we worked together..neways I was leaving in a week.. My friend was going out with a friend of this guy..

Incidentally they had a dinner party the next day n my friend got drunk n since she was high n talking nonsense neways she told my future husband that she knew someone who suited him well n told him she had worked with you n mentioned me!! He was quite embarrassed n dint say nething to her.. The next day he called her n asked her if she was serious.. Cos apparently when he had met me, he had felt that I was his type but dint have to courage to ask me out.. My friend was very excited n asked me what to do.. I sale I dint kno cos I was leaving the next day..

Then the romance started:oops: he called me when I was at my best friends wedding but cos I was busy I dint see the call but called bac later.. N to this day he claimed I made the first move! We started talking n realised we were quite similar in many aspects.. Then the midnight chats.. I was staying in Kerala to prepare for my PG entrances but instead of preparing I was too busy day dreaminggigglingsmiley.During his PG he hardly had any leave even oh weekends, but on the Sundays that he was free, he would take the overnight train to come n spend the sunday with me n leave on Sunday night to get bac.. N my poor entrance coaching which was on weekends too hardly got attended.. But those meeting were so romantic n special n all my friends whom I was staying with at that time really liked him n were very happy for me.. So finally we made our decision n informed our parents

We were both from different states but from the same as religion.. My parents were actually quite happy cos he was all that they wanted for me but were a bit worried cos his place has a dowry reputation.. He told me his parents were also happy but I was very worried when we all met cos of my previous experience.. But he completely comforted me n told me that he had already decided n that we would be getting married n to trust him.. When I met his parents, they were very nice to me n my parents were so happy.. Somehow they all hit it off well..after the meeting we went to church n I can never forget how happy we both were.. We really felt God had brought us together..

His parents told my parents that they had no expectations but my dad wanted to conduct the wedding himself, so took it on himself.. Everything went well n almost seven years later I don't think I wouldve been happy with anyone else.. We have had our share of ups n downs but through it all my husband has never treated me meanly or I'll treated me.. In the daily grind both of us do take each other for granted many times but he is my best friend n I can't imagine a life without him..

That's my story.. My sister had another really interesting story in an arranged marriage.. I really believe marriages are made in heaven.. What is your take on this saying?

11 people like this.

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Made on earth. But conversion into heaven or hell is in the hands of the couple :)

16 people like this.
  3. Shina

Shina Gold IL'ite

Yeah could be as hell is too busy making mother in laws .

( Just kidding eh):hide:

10 people like this.
  4. docathome

docathome Gold IL'ite

Bringing MIL's into the picture sure changes a lot of things :) but thankfully she is at present well behaved n I am too..

1 person likes this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

laugh1smiley:eek:mg: Thanks yaar, had a much needed laugh for the day!

3 people like this.
  6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

OP - I believe in destiny and truly believe that my DH was made just for me. Nobody else could have put up with me. I never thought I would have a traditional arranged marriage and be happy but it worked out. Thank God!

6 people like this.
  7. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

I firmly believe that marriages are predestined, what we call as sanjog in Hindi. Made in heaven or hell , well a lot depends on the couple for that but yes who will be your life partner is already decided .

1 person likes this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

My horoscope was first sent to my in laws with a photo by a family friend when I was barely 19 years old. In laws refused saying their son is too young. (I was not even aware that my horoscope was being passed aroundshakehead)

I almost got engaged to another guy much liked by my father.Saw a few red flags and got cold feet.Refused to marry him,much to the disappointment of my father.

Two years later ,the same family friend again sent the horoscope to in laws and this time they felt their son was ready(A friend of son had marred a girl of his choice...so I guess that got them thinking)
    My parents were apprehensive as friends warned them about mil. But I told them I want to marry this one because he was cute.

So finally We got married.

A few years later I saw my picture in one of the books.When I asked husband,he told me this was the picture that came with your horoscope the first time. I was shocked ,and so angry:spin that they had refused the first time.I told me"I would have refused if I had known".:coffee

I am glad I didn't know.:kiss

7 people like this.
  9. docathome

docathome Gold IL'ite

Nice story thinkingsmiley
    I'm jus ' wondering wat he was doin with ur pic till the proposal came through.. Was it 'love at first sight' for him or wat? ideasmiley

3 people like this.
  10. docathome

docathome Gold IL'ite

Same here.. I don't think anyone else would've tolerated my intermittent yelling n emotional outbursts as well as my hubby.. All the same, I don't think many girls would've been able to handle his laid back attitude n love for travel like I do, moreso cos I love travelling to too.. Hopefully I feel the same after 25 years, cos wen I look at my parents n in-laws the years of adjusting n tolerating seem to take a toll n they all love throwing around the ' he/she spoiled my life' line.. shakehead

3 people like this.